Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,593   Posts: 1,546,096   Online: 905

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Tanks a lot for all your useful answers. I will continue to investigate the matter. I will get back to you probably next Thursday when I am finished scanning new rolls.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I know I'm stating the obvious, but because you mentioned you have 3 different bodies: you did shoot both the Ektar and Portra roll for your test in the same body, right?

Edit: because it really looks like a light leak, we're just not sure if it's happening in your camera or somewhere else. It may also have already occured on the film, and I'd also get a fresh roll from another supplier, and check that against your findings of this latest test (if they come back positive).
    Jed
    Last edited by Jedidiah Smith; 03-27-2010 at 07:12 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added something.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    i like the reddish look.
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah Smith View Post
    I know I'm stating the obvious, but because you mentioned you have 3 different bodies: you did shoot both the Ektar and Portra roll for your test in the same body, right?

Edit: because it really looks like a light leak, we're just not sure if it's happening in your camera or somewhere else. It may also have already occured on the film, and I'd also get a fresh roll from another supplier, and check that against your findings of this latest test (if they come back positive).
    Jed
    That is right.

Post #1: I did shoot both the ektar (the pictures in this post come from two different ektar rolls) and the portra (not shown) with my Elan 7n.

Post #5: I did shoot both the ektar and, in this case, the Kodak gold 100 with my 1v.

Post #9: I did shoot both the ektar and the portra with my 1v. I will see how things went next Thursday.

Thanks for the advice, I will get some rolls from another store.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    i like the reddish look.
    Well, thank you. Maybe I can make it look like an artistic creation.

Shooter
    35mm
    My guess: uneven development. This may happen during development (too few or wrong agitation) or during the switch from dev to bleach/stop (certain regions of the film are developed slightly longer). Some film types are more sensitive to deviations of processing time than others, so while one film is developed evenly, the other film might show streaks or other irregularities under the same conditions.
    This also happens in B&W, but usually to a lesser extent because development times are longer. Additionally, grey density streaks are much less visible than color streaks in C41 color film.

Georg

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Maybe excess heat to the Ektar, which may have been shipped or stored differently. I had odd color shifts to some film years ago when I was carrying an Oly OM-1 in a bicycle handlebar bag and it got too hot.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    OK, that makes things a little different, then, because I didn't realize you had already done this test in multiple bodies.
    The odds that ALL 3 of your cameras have a light leak is too high. It must be something else. Either uneven development, as we stated, or the film has been exposed to something before you got it, etc....either it has already happened to the film, or it is happening AFTER you take the rolls out of the cameras. Too crazy for all 3 bodies to develop a light leak at once.
    Jed

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrouet View Post
    That is right.

Post #1: I did shoot ... with my Elan 7n.

Post #5: I did shoot... with my 1v.

Post #9: ... with my 1v..

Shooter
    35mm
    Outside of the technical aspects,
    this reddish smooth light really suits nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are you sure that this isn't actually a cyan problem, rather than a red problem?

A red light leak on the edges would make more sense then a cyan light leak in the middle.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin