Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,508   Online: 1038

Thread: RA4 Success !

Shooter
    35mm

RA4 Success !

I'm very happy to say, I succeeded in my first RA4 color print (with proper colors) last night. I don't yet have the Kodak print viewing filters, so I've been adjusting by eye, and from the notes supplied from fellow APUGers (thanks very much guys).

Here's a scan of the print

The scan doesn't look exactly like the print, the colors are a bit more muted on the print, but the grey in the cement pillars is perfect grey. I used that area to judge the color.

Now I quite like the color in the print, it has a bit of a retro look to it. The picture was taken with a Kodak Retina IIIc on Fuji 200 film. If I did want to punch up the color though, could I control this in the print making process? If I read correctly too, contrast can't be altered except by adding hydrogen peroxide to the developer, correct ?

Cheers
    Steven

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm having fun learning RA-4 too.

It depends on what you call contrast.

Dodging and burning works.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    So far my best solution for increasing color was Ektar 100 with Kodak supra Endura. Contrast doesn't equal saturation either. You could try getting some Ultra-Endura too and maybe lowering the contrast.
    --Nicholas Andre

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin