Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,753   Online: 973

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's strange with pAP that I notice quite a lot more colour before a bleach and fix on the front of the negative as a reflective, perhaps PPD does similar? It's like the bleach somehow destroys part of the result.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, before bleach and fix, you are undoubtedly seeing the contribution of silver metal to the image. This darkens it and raises contrast. In addition, the dye images are more opaque when wet and appear different to the eye.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    "I cannot comment on Pickles results fully as he pulled the data as soon as he was questioned."

Why would I want all this flack over what was a fun experiment? I took away the ammo. Other people on Flickr have tried it and got color too. Bad, weak color. But they got color. It doesn't work without the Betadine. I've tried. Before insinuating that I am lying you should try it yourself. 1 part Betadine to 2 parts water works for me.

I've done 5 rolls because I enjoy the process and the wonky color effects it gives. I'll continue to develop this way. And with Caffenol. I like it better than my local photo labs.

BTW, not that it matters, but I'm a woman. I love doing my silly little kitchen experiments and I'll continue to do them. I'll just share with people whom I know are receptive to experimentation, are excited and willing to try it themselves... and don't have a large stick up their rear ends.

My sister told me to ask you if you've ever been able to wear a pull-over shirt :-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If I may interject...

I doubt PE is accusing you of lying more than he is simply saying that any information anyone can gather from your experiment is pure speculation, since no testing has been done beyond the experiment itself. It works, that's great, but its a total mystery as to how it works.

Shooter
    35mm
    Will someone here please gather their guts and admit that PE is insinuating that I'm lying for some unknown reason? He's being snarky and snide.

Amen. If it's not supposed to work, then why is it working at all? I do find that an interesting question. Maybe it's another ingredient in the Betadine besides the Iodine. Heck, maybe it's my city water! I have no clue.

I'm not saying the Betadine is a good choice, I'm sure not saying it's archival, I'm not trying to sell the idea to anybody for God's sake. It was a fun experiment! It gives inaccurate unpredictable color. I myself like it.

I resent being called a liar by someone who hasn't tried this for themselves. And even if he did try it, his ego probably wouldn't allow him to admit that it worked, because he's stated that it can't. If I had all of his scientific knowledge I think I would be more curious as to why it is working if it is indeed scientifically impossible.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gee, I'll do it myself! I never said you were lying! I'm saying that I have no evidence that Betadine will do what you claim and I have not tested it nor has anyone else here done so!

In addition, Iodine has the reputation of destroying dyes, but Betadine may limit this (as I said earlier). In addition, Athiril has gotten much the same results but without Betadine!

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you.

I didn't have the proper chemicals like Athiril uses. Therefore my attempt to find a substitute.

I come from a long line of women who had to learn to "make do". Just because you don't have exactly what the recipe calls for, doesn't mean you can't cook the dish.

Shooter
    127 Format
    on one hand there's honey.

on the other, vinegar.

don't know about others but i prefer honey.

you get more done and the day passes more pleasantly.

maybe i'm just a fly?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You cannot cook Lobster Thermidor by substituting a Filet!

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post

maybe i'm just a fly?
    I was thinking you were more of a gnat. You know where gnats like to hang out? Don't you?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin