Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,388   Online: 825

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bdilgard View Post
    I became intrigued with the use of hair dye developer after seeing the experiments of Neelin and Pickles on Flickr. I went my own route and have not tried Betadine as of yet although that bottle of peroxide that is included with the hair dye kit is calling to me to dump it in too and see what happens. So far I am 50/50 with my various experiments between getting some kind of faint color image or totally clear film.

I also think it is fun to continue to search for "household" products to process film in although I don't expect the image to be stable any longer than the time it takes to get the film through a scanner.

The only kitchen sink way I can think of to see if an ingredient does anything is to waste a roll of shots of the same subject / same lighting etc. cut it in half and process both halves the same way except one with and one without the ingredient and see what happens.

- aka half framed idiot (http://www.flickr.com/photos/playbassfishing/)
    If you've seen the results from someone using red wine as a developer, I suspect it's the polyphenols that makes it a developer... so you should be able to make a basic developer from plant matter even.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    WOW....I leave you guys unsupervised for a few years and you started playing with Mom's haircoloring?

cool!

re: developers from plant matter...I did a few of those...weak, but things like mint from the garden worked...I think I blathered away on another thread about those experiments

I tried Clairol on BW film ages ago.....don't think I ever used it on color film...guess I have to try it now

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin