Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,919   Posts: 1,584,813   Online: 1106

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sperera,

Just beautiful. The second shot just glows.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks for the encouragement!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dahlgren View Post
    Sperera,

Just beautiful. The second shot just glows.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    hi there, as you can see the shadows on the girl's white dresses WERE going to blue and cyan..

actually, the 160NC shows more cyan/blue on the white shadows than the 400NC shots....the 400NC was going towards a green cast on the shadows in question and thus, thinking about it easier to correct that the blue cast on the 160......

...talk to me about that guys.....

Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Nice shots.
    Did those shadows go blue/cyan at all?
    Did you do any corrections in the shadows?
    Last edited by sperera; 04-16-2010 at 04:19 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by sperera View Post
    ...talk to me about that guys.....
    I shot a wedding on Fuji 400H last year and in some shots the Bride's dress had a very slight blueness in the shadows. There's a thread about it here somewhere, and the replies I got said that this was a fairly common phenomenon for wedding photographers - apparently the brighteners used to make those dresses so white to our eyes render a slightly blue on film. There were a few other ideas too:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/6...ing-dress.html
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i notice that the Portra 400H does not yield the blue cast BUT this was a boy's suit as opposed to the girls dress which is exactly like a wedding dress.....interesting....I wonder if anyone else can come in on this......I read the comments on the link thanks a lot!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    sperera: Excellent photos. What program and scanner did you use if you don't mind sharing?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sperera View Post
    i notice that the Portra 400H does not yield the blue cast BUT this was a boy's suit as opposed to the girls dress which is exactly like a wedding dress.....interesting....I wonder if anyone else can come in on this......I read the comments on the link thanks a lot!
    I read that even if there are no shadows if you pop some fill flash that has non UV correction for the tube the brighteners in the fabric can phosphoresce a bit.

I should try it because I have some non UV tubes for a Norman 200B.

Most tubes these days are corrected.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you enlarge it enough, you will see that there is a huge difference between 400NC and 160NC. I see it even in 11x14s printed from 4x5 film (about 2.5x linear enlargement). It is plain as day in 16x20s (4x linear enlargement).
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    I shot a 36 exp. roll of Portra 800 two weeks ago. It's quite a good film. What worries me is that at $10 a roll it may not be around very much longer. There is a non-pro Fuji 800 film which goes for about $4 a roll. I think the Portra is a little better but it's a lot more expensive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dynachrome View Post
    I shot a 36 exp. roll of Portra 800 two weeks ago. It's quite a good film. What worries me is that at $10 a roll it may not be around very much longer. There is a non-pro Fuji 800 film which goes for about $4 a roll. I think the Portra is a little better but it's a lot more expensive.
    Superia 800, the Fuji film you are talking about (my most-used color negative film), is typically only $3 something per roll, and it comes in a pro version in 20-roll Press packages. "Pro" means that the color balance is different than the consumer version, and the emulsions match roll to roll. The consumer version is designed to age into the proper color balance, while the pro version is made right at the proper color balance. I average about one pro pack a month. I really wish this emulsion was available in medium format and 4x5.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin