Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,102   Online: 823

Shooter
    35mm

Happy birthday, grandpa Kodachrome!

75 years ago, on April 15, 1935, Kodachrome was introduced as amateur movie color film.

(To celebrate this day, I will get 10 frozen rolls of K25 today from a nearby amateur photographer who tries to use up his stock this year.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No way. It was introduced on my birthday? And to think that's all I've been shooting for the last year non-stop.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Its last birthday ever, for soon its air supply will be cut off, or should I say developer supply..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have had two tragic family events on April 15th. Amazing to think that KODACHROME was introduced April 15! That turns this sour day bittersweet.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinz_Anderle View Post
    75 years ago, on April 15, 1935, Kodachrome was introduced as amateur movie color film.

(To celebrate this day, I will get 10 frozen rolls of K25 today from a nearby amateur photographer who tries to use up his stock this year.)
    I know it's getting old (pun intended) but i will yet once again point out that Kodachrome was introduced 20 years earlier, in 1915.
    It was not the same Kodachrome as the thing Man and God came up with later. But neither is K25 the thing that was introduced in 1935.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by accozzaglia View Post
    No way. It was introduced on my birthday? And to think that's all I've been shooting for the last year non-stop.
    Happy birthday, to both.

The film itself ended at 75 years. But the slides will keep lasting longer, it will be it's legacy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikanon View Post
    Its last birthday ever, for soon its air supply will be cut off, or should I say developer supply..
    Oh, you went there, not me.

[youtube]GTKi6V6qCBk[/youtube]

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by accozzaglia View Post
    Oh, you went there, not me.

[youtube]GTKi6V6qCBk[/youtube]
    Oh, that song. My mother loves it, I've heard it lots of times since I was a little kid, she keeps playing it often.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin