Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,751   Posts: 1,515,859   Online: 979

Thread: EP-2 Blix

Shooter
    Medium Format

EP-2 Blix

I have a few boxes of discontinued unmixed Kodak EP-2 (paper) Blix that have gone bad of course. I over bought them at a close out sale from a store that went out of business. I could not use them up fast enough before EP-2 paper was discontinued and became unavailable.

The Blix came in two parts. My guess is that one part is bleach and the other is fix for the EP-2 paper. One part has the brown color of bleach. It still looks the same as the day I bought it. The other was clear when new but now it is milky and looks bad.

My question is, is there a possibility that I can still use the bleach part of this Blix? Can I use it as a C-41 bleach or use it to replenish C-41 bleach? I hate to waste it if it can be used still in any way. Any creative ideas anyone?

RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If the bleach part is still good, and you do RA-4 printing, you might be able to mix it with C-41 fixer to make an RA-4 blix. I'm not sure, but when EP-2 was discontinued, you might have been able to use the blix kits for RA-4 paper.

RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, it is still good. Mix the bad part, which is fixer, with an equal volume of the C-41 regular fixer (Not the RA C41 fixer) and then dilute to working strength.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    PE, thanks for the quick reply. It's good to know that it can be used still as a RA-4 Blix. However, my darkroom is not set up at the moment and I won't be doing any RA-4 process any time soon. Can I just use the bleach part in my C-41 process? I mainly do C-41 now. I would like to optimize my Jobo ATL-2300 for C-41 before E-6 which is what I will likely pursue next.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The RA bleach cannot be used in C41. Sorry.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, I guess I will have to do RA-4 in some distant future. Thanks again PE. I am glad that it is still usable at least.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin