Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,074   Posts: 1,612,067   Online: 1040

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fuji pro 400 H

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The film was refrigerated until the last 6 months (it would have been refrigerated almost the whole time if I hadn't forgotten to take it out of my backup camera bag:o).

By the way, it was 220, shot at ISO 250 with a Mamiya 645 Pro and a 55mm f/2.8 N lens. The flash was a ceiling bounced Olympus T32 in auto mode, with high-tech () catchlight card.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have used Fuji 400H in the past and really like it. Gonna have to use some soon.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    I like that 400H and 800Z print on almost the same filter pack, in fact, often the exact same filter pack. Makes life a little easier.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Hi Ben,
    You've been shooting color film longer than I've been alive. But I've seen a fair amount of color prints from ye olden days, and the difference in color, contrast, detail, and grain is startling between now and then.
    Then we pick up a Hasselblad camera from the 1960s and make perfect pictures with it, and I doubt their modern lenses are noticeably better to the naked eye.
    Very true statement.
    - Thomas
    Twenty or thirty years ago 400 I.S.O Colour neg film had grain like golf balls, and Sarah Moon shot the Pirelli calendar with Anscochrome 500 because of it's increadable grain for creative effect in those days Thomas. I have revised my ideas about using 400 ISO film today and am going to buy a stock of 400 H and a few rolls 800Z, because I'm a big fan of window light portraiture and these films will be ideal.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Those sample pics look really nice. I've not used this film before but now I'm feeling inspired to try it. (It's funny--when I was a young'n, I had the impression that Fuji film was second-rate--maybe because I was mainly seeing the drugstore-quality film. But the products I've used in recent years have been really nice! Is it just me or are they really a lot better now?)
    "People get bumped off." -- Weegee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is Portra 400VC as well. I love that film!

Web Site and Blog Follow me on Twitter Mamiya RB67, several 35MM cameras and an old Voigtlander Bessy that I use as a paperweight

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What impresses me A.M. being a long time portrait enthusiast about these portrait films both Kodak and Fuji as clearly demonstrated on this shot is their ability to render beautiful accurate skin tones and strong vibrant colours and clean whites at the same time on the same film, I've been shooting colour film all my adult life, this is to me science fiction :o. I bought a five pack of 35mm Portra 400 VC last week to try but haven't used any yet, I'm looking forward to it now.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 04-17-2010 at 08:38 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You are really going to like the results with the 400VC. I've never shot this Fuji Pro 400H so I'll try some side by side one of these days. I've never shot the Portra 400NC either so I might as well throw that in there too.
    Web Site and Blog Follow me on Twitter Mamiya RB67, several 35MM cameras and an old Voigtlander Bessy that I use as a paperweight

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is sadly ironic that films are "better" than they have ever been, yet they are fighting harder than they ever have just to exist at all. BUY FILM, people!
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 04-17-2010 at 10:51 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    It is sadly ironic that films are "better" than they have ever been, yet they are fighting harder than they ever had just to exist at all. BUY FILM, people!
    Ain't that the truth 2F/2/F, I bought some Fuji 800Z last week even though I've never used a film so fast in my life because I read it's going to be discontinued and you have written how good it is.
    Ben

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin