Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,682   Posts: 1,548,525   Online: 871

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fuji pro 400 H

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by A_M_Johnson View Post
    You are really going to like the results with the 400VC. I've never shot this Fuji Pro 400H so I'll try some side by side one of these days. I've never shot the Portra 400NC either so I might as well throw that in there too.
    Fuji 400H is a remarkable portrait film that has a fourth layer that makes it give truer colours in mixed lighting conditions, handles contrast very well,and has a pleasant colour pallet, try a roll I think you'll like it.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've found that that Portra corrects pretty easily (at least in a scanning workflow) for tungsten lighting. Fluorescents can be a bit hard on it, depending on the quality of the fluorescents. It sounds as if Fuji handles that a bit better.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    I've found that that Portra corrects pretty easily (at least in a scanning workflow) for tungsten lighting. Fluorescents can be a bit hard on it, depending on the quality of the fluorescents. It sounds as if Fuji handles that a bit better.
    I'm so analogue I don't have a scanner,or photo-shop although I might get one to put my work on APUG, I get my pictures processed at a local pro lab and all I can say is Iv'e had some surprisingly good results much better than I expected in mixed light, and I'm going to try Fuji Pro 800Z next that also has the fourth layer.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i posted recently about Portra 400NC and I urge you to try it.....superb film that also scans well i found....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    400H and 800Z are my main color films these days.

400H:

M7 / 28/2.0 ASPH

800Z:

M5 / 50/2.0

(lab scans)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by naugastyle View Post

As for the 800Z...I have shot some at 2 years expired, room temp and it was fine.

However, my experiences with expired 800NPZ--actually refridgerated--was not nearly so good. Much more visible grain, seeming loss of speed (underexposed when shot at 800).
    Was that a purple coat? and purple boxes?

or is that some kind of Infra Red filtration?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sepiareverb View Post
    400H and 800Z are my main color films these days.

400H:

M7 / 28/2.0 ASPH

800Z:

M5 / 50/2.0

(lab scans)
    That's amazing quality for such a fast film I'm impressed, unfortunately in the UK Fuji are going to stop importing 800Z because they say they don't sell enough to justify it. I don't often need such fast film, but I'm going to buy 10 rolls to freeze. I don't know what the situation is in the U.S with 800Z.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm using 800Z a lot and it's tragic it's not going to be imported anymore, although there does seem to be a lot of it about. Superia 800 will be my replacement, I actually think it shows slightly less grain than 800Z, colours are punchier, but, of course, it can exaggerate ruddy skin.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cs_foto View Post
    Was that a purple coat? and purple boxes?

or is that some kind of Infra Red filtration?
    Yes, all the colors are normal...slight cast due to being shot under a bridge. The picture I posted was of the expired room-temp 800Z that I thought held up well, not the expired refrigerated 800NPZ that didn't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    I'm using 800Z a lot and it's tragic it's not going to be imported anymore, although there does seem to be a lot of it about. Superia 800 will be my replacement, I actually think it shows slightly less grain than 800Z, colours are punchier, but, of course, it can exaggerate ruddy skin.
    They are still importing 400 H, you could push it one stop
    Ben

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin