Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,926   Posts: 1,522,131   Online: 895

Shooter
    35mm RF

Recommendations of books on how to make C-41 chemistry?

Anyone have any recommendations on books that give directions or formulae for C-41 developer chemicals?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There is a word document floating around full of colour formulae, there is a few C-41 recipes on here as well in the articles section I think.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A 1980's BJP Annual has all the formulae for Colour & B&W, C41, RA-4, E6 etc

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I home brew my c-41, and use the Dignan most often. I dug up a bunch of sources about 6 years ago as the newsgroups that once discussed this stuff were drying up, and collated them into a single file for comparison and collation. The best source was a guy, Ron Speirs, now suspect as being departed. Maxwell Sanford (MTS here) is also a good source. He has sent me files on his notes, but alas cannot locate them digiatlly at the moment.

These are not Flexicolor formulae, and there are deviations on the ingredients from the 'official' mix. Try them and then run controls against commenrcially produced c-41 and see if you like what home brew can do for you before comitting important projects to it.
    Attached Files
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Here is one I've hosted on my google documents that someone emailed me a while back (includes C-41, E-6, RA-4, older processes and random stuffs) - http://docs.google.com/View?id=dhb94mck_31f8z5d5c7

Here is the accompanying processing time document that was also sent - http://docs.google.com/View?id=dhb94mck_32vc6d7h68

If anyone wants to be invited to a sharing of editing a google document to collate and compile colour procesing and formula information, let me know.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin