Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,919   Posts: 1,556,426   Online: 1166

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Neither has any advantage over the other except CoHex is harder to get and more expensive. It is also a crystalline solid which will last for years dry."

You've said that the Hydrogen Peroxide will kill the developer rather quickly, making each use a one-shot deal. Would this be true with the CoHex as well?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    When I accidentally put the hydrogen peroxide in my colour developer (CD-2 based) before the base (Was using NaOH), it turned pink quite quickly.. putting in the base turned it back to clear... odd... and the oxidation colour is more of an orange hmm.

I've been using NaOH and Benzotriazole in my colour developer tests instead of carbonate and bromide... and have found out why using benzotriazole is so bad in a colour developer.. been using it in first developers for colour for a while with amazing results.. that and the fact its so cheap and you need to use so little.. oh well back to bromide.
    Last edited by Athiril; 04-23-2010 at 12:53 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JSebrof View Post
    "Neither has any advantage over the other except CoHex is harder to get and more expensive. It is also a crystalline solid which will last for years dry."

You've said that the Hydrogen Peroxide will kill the developer rather quickly, making each use a one-shot deal. Would this be true with the CoHex as well?
    It is true of both, and the other catalytic agents that work as well. The developer goes bad quickly.

PE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin