Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,671   Online: 929

Thread: Kodak E6 Kit

Shooter
    Multi Format

Kodak E6 Kit

When you use the Kodak 5 liter kit do you mix a liter at a time and how much film do you process from a liter. I will be using a SS tank for processing. Do you reuse the chemicals.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you are referring to Kodak Single-Use E6 Kit, which is what I'm currently using, it has mixing instructions for different final volumes. You can mix any amount you want, but it's probably less tedious to do a bit more at a time, for example, one liter. It seems to keep for at least a month in well-squeezed PET soda bottles. Probably even more.

This kit is not meant for reusing but it will probably still work if you just do it. But, unless you are very short on money, don't risk it.

In rotary processing, if you use the minimum amount of chemistry, you can get around 30 films with 5 liters as one-shot without reusing. But, in normal tank it's about 15 films or so.
    Last edited by hrst; 04-24-2010 at 02:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It depends. If you really want to save money you could reuse the chemistry 1 or 2 times. One shot will give better consistency.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I mix 1.5L at a time to fit my paterson 5-reel and process around 12 rolls with it. Towards the end of the developer life I increase first dev time. I'm not shooting anything that requires huge consistency though.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin