Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,911   Posts: 1,556,242   Online: 919

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Post a print and I will try to estimate the filter pack. Make sure the scanning does not alter balance.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    people will pay dearly for that film.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I want the film if you don't! It was my most-used color film until it was discontinued and my stockpile ran out. I would not "pay dearly" for it, but I would pay E-Bay prices if it has been frozen.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Alas, it has only been refrigerated, expiry is '08.

PE: thanks for the offer, I doubt my scanner skills (and my flat-bed document scanner's abilities) but if I can get an accurate image, I'll post it later today.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Steve;

It is "later today" where you are!

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    That was 8am!

I've now inspected the print in good light and the cast is not as bad as I thought. In fact, I think I can filter it out without resorting to cyan. I might be able to have another go at printing it tonight.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    That was 8am!
    As soon as I typed that I understood the meaning of your post! I think the proper response is to say you're behind the times!
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This thread is timely for me as I plan on printing some RA4 with some Kodak EPP that I ran through my C41 process.
    What would be a good starting filtration?
    Do you start with the "normal" filter settings for what ever paper or...
    seems crossing is so subjective considering the differences you get depending on emulsions.

How do you even go about starting so you can make judgements from there?
    I only have limited RA4 experience but am getting a grip on correcting for a somewhat normal scene.

Shooter
    35mm
    I took my usual 'base' filtration and added 50 units red (subtract 50M and 50Y). This got me fairly close.

I also had these 'existential' questions - what is correct? I decided I'd try and get skin looking good.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, real RA-4 printing of E6 film processed in C-41 cross usually only lets you nail one tone, and the rest end up wherever.

To get a faster first pack, I usually toss in a blank c-41 film in c-41 developer blank rebate of film sandwiched with the crossed e-6 in c-41 neg in the enlarger neg carrier.

It will give you most of the red filtration you need to get started pretty fast with your 'normal' ra4 filtration.

I picked up on this when printing conventional B&W negs onto some (about 250' of 12" roll) RA-4 PortraB&W paper that came my way for a ($10) song. It has a slight magenta shift, but is handy to bang out quicky proofs if I have the RA-4 chems hot in the processor.
    my real name, imagine that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin