Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,545,989   Online: 987

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Can Fuji and Kodak E-6 be processed together?

I recall reading that Ektachrome and Fujichrome can not be processed together in the same E-6 batch. Is this correct?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    nope - worked in labs for years - if it's a E6 process film then they all get processed at the same time - no matter if it's Agfa (oh, them were the days), Fuji or Kodak
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Color is easy in this regard: E-6 is E-6 is E-6. C-41 is C-41 is C-41. It is black and white that is the problem when it comes to mixing films in the same processing batch! Color films are designed to work in a standardized process. Black and white films are not.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Colour films all have the same standard processing time for their respective process., though I've seen recommendations for slight deviation on the first developer times for specific films though in E-6.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the response. What I recalled reading was that the actual chemistry of the two films had a detrimental effect on each other when in a communal bath. I'm happy to hear it is not so.

I don't intend on doing this often but having just acquired another Jobo I want to soup the two leftover 220 rolls from when I stopped 2-3 years ago and see what's on them. I like surprises After this it will be almost exclusively Fuji for E-6.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew K View Post
    nope - worked in labs for years - if it's a E6 process film then they all get processed at the same time - no matter if it's Agfa (oh, them were the days), Fuji or Kodak

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've never run fuji and kodak together, but I have run velvia 50 and velvia 100F together, with no apparent ill effects.

For what it's worth, the antihalation dye on each of those films makes for a different color first wash. Old Velvia 50 is green, Velvia 100F is pink, and I believe the new Velvia 50 is more bluish.
    Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fuji and Kodak films should go through the process together just fine, but to be strict about this, Fuji suggests a different time in the first developer than Kodak.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    I always process Fuji and Kodak separately; Fuji gets 7:00 in the first developer and Kodak gets 6:00.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Color is easy in this regard: E-6 is E-6 is E-6. C-41 is C-41 is C-41. It is black and white that is the problem when it comes to mixing films in the same processing batch! Color films are designed to work in a standardized process. Black and white films are not.
    Sometimes I wish black and white had a standardized process. That would have made it easier for sloe learners like me to figure out the process
    "I have captured the light and arrested its flight! The sun itself shall draw my pictures!"

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Existing Light View Post
    Sometimes I wish black and white had a standardized process. That would have made it easier for sloe learners like me to figure out the process

sloe? I think I need to learn to spell :\

BTW, has anyone ever made a typo and then looked down at the keyboard to see if the wrong letter you typed was close to the letter you were supposed to type?
    "I have captured the light and arrested its flight! The sun itself shall draw my pictures!"

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin