Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,526   Posts: 1,543,909   Online: 1068

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Anyone copying slides - film recommendation?

Is anyone still making slide copy film? Can you get reasonable results from ektachrome or similar? Otherwise I could scan them, but there is no fun in that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak makes or made a film Kodak 5071 specifically of slide duping. It's very slow and tungsten balanced. If I remember correctly, it's pretty cheap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak SP663 is what I used to use.

Shooter
    35mm
    It is worth remembering that there can be quite a bit of batch to batch variation in colour balance with dupe films so either get a bulk roll or make sure that all rolls are the same batch.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I used to use EPN, which was very neutral and accurate. I suppose today I'd use Astia 100F.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ektachrome SE dupe or Fuji CDU-II are the rare, but tasked to the job products.
    Other films can be used, but work best with flashing to control highlight contrast, as I recall.

I will soon be putting a big post on my current interneg film calibration efforts.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you can no longer get slide copying film, I used to find that I got better results if I copied them with a different slide film than the one they were shot on, and as low a contrast one as possible.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Are you looking to copy the slides to another slide, or copy them to negative film for printing?

I have an old box of Kodak 4x5 internegative film I would like to get rid of. I'm not sure when I will ever use it.
    f/22 and be there.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin