Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,747   Posts: 1,515,673   Online: 796

Shooter
    35mm

New box, old film?

Just got this in from Adorama. They're the only ones with 12exp rolls of any kind, which I love for testing eBay purchases. Assume it's Superia 100... yes? I've never heard of Quality II Fujicolor 100.

In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Adorama seems to handle a lot of "grey market" stuff. On things where it matters (like expensive cameras and lenses whose warranty is affected) they make very full disclosure of this fact. But maybe on stuff like film they don't bother. So is this just standard Fuji film from some other sales market?

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by frobozz View Post
    Adorama seems to handle a lot of "grey market" stuff. On things where it matters (like expensive cameras and lenses whose warranty is affected) they make very full disclosure of this fact. But maybe on stuff like film they don't bother. So is this just standard Fuji film from some other sales market?

Duncan
    Yes, looking at the boxes, it says made in Brazil. I have an eBay junker coming today or tomorrow and might open up a roll to try.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got some Fuji Superia X-TRA 400 off ePrey for the Brazilian market but the packaging is different with some spanish.
    It's also 36 exposure rolls and expired in 2006 but was VERY cheap.

Looks fine for what it is but I got it mostly to test/try some bleach bypass now that I'm doing my own C41.

Shooter
    35mm
    In Argentina, where you can very few different films, Fuji Quality is the most common and cheap film you can get. Maybe same price as Lucky 200 if the lab bothers to have both.

Surely the canister says only "fujicolor 100". The spec at Fuji site links to a Superia 100 pdf.

Shooter
    35mm
    This is, I think, what is called "Fujicolor 100" on the UK market. As Federico says, it's confusing because the Fuji site brings up the Superia 100 datasheet for this film.

This question was asked on Fuji's Choosefilm website and the reply stated that Superia 100 is no longer manufactured and that Fujicolour 100 is a 'cheaper version':

Superia 100 is no longer manufactured. Both Fujicolor 100 and Fujicolor C200 are cheaper versions due to their lack of 4th color layer technology.
    http://choose-film.com/?page_id=5&xd...&search_words=
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm

It's not bad

Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    This is, I think, what is called "Fujicolor 100" on the UK market. As Federico says, it's confusing because the Fuji site brings up the Superia 100 datasheet for this film.

http://choose-film.com/?page_id=5&xd...&search_words=
    Can't complain about IQ. Seems like good stuff to me.

Shooter
    35mm
    The latest versions of Fujicolor in speeds of 100, 200, and 400 ASA remind of the "Super G Plus" predecessors of the Superia brand (mid 1990s). Nevertheless, these films had excellent image quality and exposure latitude, just as the current films.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin