Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,672   Online: 986

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kodak Gold 200

Shooter
    35mm
    I used to hate Kodak Gold 200 but it used to be super cheap at Wal*mart. I've gotten ok results with it.

Shooter
    35mm
    http://www.techforless.com/cgi-bin/t...UwMi&mv_pc=115

You guys can thank me later. The site is legit; the business is local to me and I've bought from them before. Not sure on how close that film is to expiring however.

That's less than $1/roll.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gold 200 is an outstanding film and has the advantage of being available just about everywhere. It has noticeably higher saturation than its Portra cousins, and probably a bit more grain. But it is still a very fine grain film with very good sharpness. It also has very wide latitude and is quite forgiving in difficult exposure situations. It seems to stand up to abuse, like poor storage conditions and long times between exposure and development very well, too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    its great for traveling too, and since its a "consumer" film, you don't have to worry about it getting too hot, or not being refrigerated. It was DESIGNED to live in someone's camera bag for a while after purchase, not to sit in a 45F fridge like pro films, til right before use, being released at their 'peak'.

btw, I've found that I can get pretty-reduced grain with Gold 200 by exposing @ 100 or 125, and pulling 1/3 stop in development. also helps to lower contrast a tad as well. 1/3 of a stop ain't much, but it helps believe it or not .

-Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    I shoot Super Gold400 and like it very much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails supergold400 sample01.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    I think this is interesting:
    http://apples.carsonwilson.com/index...mic-Range.html

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gold? Color??

I shoot outdated Gold 200 that I pick up for a song and develop it to black&white in Caffenlo developer after Reinhold's CCM formula.

Perfect results every time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin