Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,515   Posts: 1,572,077   Online: 1167

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kodak Gold 200

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Kodak Gold 200

Gold 200 was mentioned in another thread that I did not want to hijack but I wanted to share my thoughts about that film. It has reasonable grain and an interesting and welcoming color pallette. I may like it because it looks how pictures looked as I was growing up (I am 41).

I honestly do not shoot it that often. I can afford "better" films and usually purchase Porta. But I think I am going to shoot more this summer. Especially for less formal or fun events where I want to have a classic or retro look to them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3641398-lg.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    nice picture.

I'm a fan of Kodak Gold. I use it sometimes, when I can find it. Usually, all I can find in the realm of consumer color films is Ultramax and Fuji Superia. Whenever I want Kodak Gold, I have to order it from Freestyle unless I'm lucky enough to find it around here
    "I have captured the light and arrested its flight! The sun itself shall draw my pictures!"

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The gold line of films is very good. I had a lot of fun with the 400 speed this past summer. It prints well up to 11x14 too which is a plus.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've worked for two photographers who used to shoot gold 200/400 ON JOBS(editorial mind you), but they still had the pro-lab D.N.D. them, those photogs are now digital for work, but they still have piles of boxes of contact sheets and negatives from years of shooting these 'consumer' films. I asked one of them if they HAD to shoot film, would they still shoot the cheapy film, "hell ya!!!" was the answer .

Quote Originally Posted by tiberiustibz View Post
    .....It prints well up to 11x14 too which is a plus.
    nicholas, I've made some 16x20's(35mm full frame to 16x20 paper) from gold 200(shot @100 and pulled 1/2 stop), and the grain held up nicely. my instructor was asking me if it was from a 6x7, "nope, 35mm expired gold 200" )

she started shooting gold after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Existing Light View Post
    nice picture.
    ......I have to order it from Freestyle unless I'm lucky enough to find it around here
    B&H sells gold 200, as well as the 100 speed variant as well. nicely priced, and both are great films IMO

cheers

-Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm impressed by today's films. I think part of that may have been how the "scanner induced grain" that seems to magically appear when you scan color negative film lowered my expectations. Ektar 100 in 35mm can pass for a 4x5 negative at 16x20 but at that point it's down to how sharp your lens is and not the film itself. I'm interested to stick Ektar cut to 110 film in a Minolta 110 SLR and see how that works. So much fun to be had.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've always been a fan of Super Gold 400. Is that the same as Gold 400? It's my favorite color negative film.

Gold 100 was good, but it doesn't seem to be available in Japan anymore

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gold 100 was discontinued as far as I know. I like the Gold films and have picked them up again. They are great old emulsions. Hopefully they won't change or go away soon.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    100 is no longer on the website. http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...S&pq-path=1094 I am guessing that since Ektar 100 has come to us they didn't feel the need to have two 100 speed films?
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice...

I don't use Gold as it's $13 a 24 exp roll here !!!

I do, however use Fuji Superia 400, and it's awesome stuff! I tried lots of films for airshow use and Superia came out the winner, mainly price to performance. I don't mind messing round with it a little to get a good result if it's cheap, and it is.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nielsen View Post
    Nice...

I don't use Gold as it's $13 a 24 exp roll here !!!

I do, however use Fuji Superia 400, and it's awesome stuff! I tried lots of films for airshow use and Superia came out the winner, mainly price to performance. I don't mind messing round with it a little to get a good result if it's cheap, and it is.
    gold 100 costs $2.10 a roll here. Somebody is making $10.90 extra...
    --Nicholas Andre

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin