Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,430   Online: 965

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Ilford (the other, color one) gets new ownership.

ILFORD Imaging Switzerland GmbH, not Harman (don't get confused and freak out)

http://community.pictureline.com/new...eNews+May+2010

It makes mention of their color process. Hopefully that means Ilfochrome will continue or maybe even be shepherded a little better.

Shooter
    35mm
    Interesting....I wonder if there is overcapacity in the world digital paper market, given the recession.
    Anyway, as you say, absolutely no connections with our friends at Harman.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I really hope that this does not mean Ilfochrome will be going away even sooner than expected.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Isn't there already a thread about this ? It's not knew news.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I really hope that this does not mean Ilfochrome will be going away even sooner than expected.
    Especially as I'm pondering an attempt at ILFOCHROME printing over the next few months.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Isn't there already a thread about this ? It's not knew news.

Ian
    Yes, there was a thread several weeks back on this.

You can see more about Paradigm here: http://www.paradigmllp.com/

I just hope that they are not like some others in this category and do a really good job on building up Ilfochrome. I hope that they are not digiheads.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Yes, there was a thread several weeks back on this.

You can see more about Paradigm here: http://www.paradigmllp.com/

I just hope that they are not like some others in this category and do a really good job on building up Ilfochrome. I hope that they are not digiheads.

PE
    ...and even if they are digiheads, that they at least advance the use of Ilfochrome in Lightjet/Lambda enlargers. It would be a nice, albeit bloody expensive, alternative to RA Lightjet/Lamda prints. Being able to make Ilfochrome prints from digital camera pictures or scanned color negative pictures at my local lab, instead of having to do it by mail, would certainly be nice.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, if you look at their previous acquisitions you may not be very excited. They don't resound with technical expertise or market expertise in imaging.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You guys have really been opening my eyes today. Now I realise it's not Ilford that's making Ilfochrome, but a company in Switzerland. Perhaps the old name should have given it away: Cibachrome, like in Ciba-Geigy.
    Oh well, you live and you learn.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    You guys have really been opening my eyes today. Now I realise it's not Ilford that's making Ilfochrome, but a company in Switzerland. Perhaps the old name should have given it away: Cibachrome, like in Ciba-Geigy.
    Oh well, you live and you learn.
    Just to throw the fly in thy sold an E6 film under the Ilfochrome name in the early 80's which was rebadged for them. They had links with Agfa, Sakura & Fuji.

Ciba-Geigy had taken over a Swiss photo-manufacturer Telko, then took over Lumière before buying ICI's shares in Ilford.

The original name was to be CILchrome, - Ciba, Ilford, Lumière.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 05-09-2010 at 07:37 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: strange font problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin