Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,391   Online: 949

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by hrst View Post
    For example, I have used RA-4 developer more than 9 months old that was in perfect shape;
    Which developer? Can you point me in this link (searched on Ectacolor "ECLR"):

http://www.pcdoctorn.se/CBB.aspx?q=b:147;kw:ECLR;pl:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well that 9 months old was Tetenal but I have currently 5-6 months old Kodak which is still fine. It's the one AG Photographic sells: Developer Replenisher RT/LU to make 4x5 litres CAT 529 2396. Works at room temperature, no starter needed. I think you should make 5 litres at a time but it seems to keep for 6 months even when you use it! So probably a bit longer in tight bottles that are not opened until needed.

Tetenal has problems with their RA-4 blix.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is the Kodak RT roller transport developer
    KODAK ECLR 4X5L DEVR RPLR RT/LU (5292396)
    it is four 5 liter kits. Each kit would be three bottles, parts A,B and C.

This can be used at 20C without adding the starter.

A link to a uk website http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/kod...4x5l-295-p.asp at least has a photo.

http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/kod...4x5l-296-p.asp for the bleach-fix kit.

This looks like the bleach fix kit, but a smaller package
    KODAK 3X2.4L ECLR SM TANK BLEACH-FIX (5284021)

and a matching developer kit.
    KODAK 3X2L ECLR SM TANK DEVR (5284013)

Kodak sell different sized packages in different countries, the last two are three kits per box, each one making 2.4 or 2 liters of working solution.

In Canada and the US, the 10 liter RT developer and bleach fix kits are four kits to a box from Kodak. The mail order places will open the boxes and sell the kits separately. Other distributors will only sell sealed boxes, like pcdoctorn.se

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Bob and hrst (those links to ag-photographic told me more than Kodak could). What is the difference between RT/LU and SM TANK, is it only the packaging or? Can the SM version also be used at room temp? SM is after all what Kodak suggests.

Now what about C41 Flexicolor?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by steelneck View Post
    Update, i found some info in:
    http://www.kodak.com/global/plugins/...ls/z131_01.pdf

It do not recommend part mix of concentrates and also says that mixed solutions have a life of 6 weeks in full stoppered glass bottles. I think Kodak just went out of the window, unusable for me. I think i will continue with Tetenal and explore mixing from raw chemicals when i find time for it.
    The values they give are very conservative. I mix the developer up in 4 liter batches and place it in glass bottles. I use 3 1-liter bottles, 1 500-mL bottle, and 2 250-mL bottles so I can always remove the quantity I need of chemistry and still have full bottles. I have been using the same 19 liter kit of developer for a year and a half. If you feel the need to, you can top off the open concentrate bottles with nitrogen or wine preserver to extend the shelf life. I have not had a problem with using concentrate that has been open for 18 months. It goes bad when the part C turns opaque black, which hasn't happened. It still mixes a nice clear tank solution. I've used working solution that was 6 months old, stored in a full plastic bottle, and it worked absolutely fine.

I also use the developer and fix one shot for two reasons. First I have an excessive amount of chemistry. Second I see no reason to jeopardize consistency to save a few cents. I use bleach 2 or three times, but I also have a truckload of that.

I also use distilled water to mix stabilizer. No marks that way.

Especially for bleach, I've found that eBay is a very good source for cheaper chemistry.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-D659 View Post
    This is the Kodak RT roller transport developer
    KODAK ECLR 4X5L DEVR RPLR RT/LU (5292396)
    it is four 5 liter kits. Each kit would be three bottles, parts A,B and C.

This can be used at 20C without adding the starter.

A link to a uk website http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/kod...4x5l-295-p.asp at least has a photo.
    Now i read a post by PE here on apug that the RT/LU _cannot_ be used at room temp, and he said that he would use the replenisher straight for room temperature processing.. What replenisher?

Kodak is a complete informational mess, so far rendering their products useless since i cannot even figure out what to buy. I think i stick with Tetenal until i find some CD4 and CD3 to experiment my self, even that seem simpler than to figure out Kodak. Yes, i am writing out of frustration now. Godbye.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Time to read more carefully. You don't add the starter to the RT developer/replenisher for room temp use, you just mix parts A, B and C according to the ratios on the bottles. RT stands for roller transport FYI.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-D659 View Post
    Time to read more carefully. You don't add the starter to the RT developer/replenisher for room temp use, you just mix parts A, B and C according to the ratios on the bottles. RT stands for roller transport FYI.
    Yes, but this was RT/LU not RT, and somehow i tend to believe mr. PE when he says RT/LU wont work at room temp. I forgot the link:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/7...developer.html

He is referring to the same 4x5L product at ag-photographic as was mentioned in this thread.

Is there some way to close a thread? I have given up on Kodak now and i do not want to waste peoples time on giving me more answers that just makes things more confused.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, the one I've bought from Ag Photographic says: RT/LU replenisher, and I use it with perfect results in trays at room temperature (24C). I've made side-to-side comparison with Tetenal room temp kit and it gave exactly the same color balance (no filtration change) with a little bit less contrast (better; Tetenal was a bit too high). I can't see any problems. The self life seems to be excellent, too. I just recently discovered this really is not the one Kodak recommends for tray processing, but still seems to work perfectly the same way PE has described for RA-RT replenisher.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd guess the only difference is the european 4 x 5 liter packaging of the developer/replenisher RT/LU. The LU is for low utilization, which is the also intended market for the 10 liter kit in north america.

PE last comment on it was IDK, I don't know. Which is reasonable, as that specific packaging is not available in the USA. Conversely, the 4x10 liter packaging isn't available in europe either.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin