Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,715   Posts: 1,514,763   Online: 817

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    I was always a Jobo drum processor at 35 degrees for RA4 and I kept my Nova 4 slot for B&W. While the 4 slot can be temp controlled for 35C it would be simpler if I could use it for RA4 at room temp. However what I am reading here is that Fuji paper is problematical at room temp and yet it is Kodak that has dropped it's sheet option. So while Fuji cut sheets are now available through various third parties such as Agphotographic in the U.K. it would appear that it isn't suitable at room temp which is a pity.

So in summary Kodak Supra Endura is OK at room temp but isn't available or won't be for much longer while Fuji RA4 will be available in cut sheet form but has to processed at 35 degrees. Have I got this correct?

pentaxuser
    I think you are almost correct but the Fuji paper can be processed successfully in chemistry other than Kodak's. I have used it in Fotospeed's room temperature kit without any problems.
    Last edited by thefizz; 05-11-2010 at 08:13 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    35mm
    thefizz, thanks for that. I think you are saying that if Fuji RA4 is going to be the only cut sheet paper in the near future as Kodak Supra disappears then at room temp development I'd have to try something other than Kodak RA4 such as Fotospeed.

While I have no reason not to try Fotospeed room tem RA4 chems, I think I'd have preferred to opt for Kodak. Pity about this.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    thefizz, thanks for that. I think you are saying that if Fuji RA4 is going to be the only cut sheet paper in the near future as Kodak Supra disappears then at room temp development I'd have to try something other than Kodak RA4 such as Fotospeed.

While I have no reason not to try Fotospeed room tem RA4 chems, I think I'd have preferred to opt for Kodak. Pity about this.

pentaxuser
    Yes thats how I understand it. Its a pity as the Kodak developer is much cheaper and lasts way longer.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    35mm
    I've still got quite a bit of Supra paper but I want to buy a box of Fuji CA soon and do some side-by-side comparisons. I normally heat my chemistry up (in a Nova) but I could try a few prints at room temp to see how the Fuji fares. Although the consensus is that Fuji paper and Kodak chems at room temp are bad, I'd like to see for myself how bad.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is Supra Endura paper at macodirect.de

Shooter
    35mm
    Unfortunately it's Endura VC Digital paper.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    may i ask how different they are?

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't want to further confuse things but I seem to recall that there are other threads where some APUGers say that Fuji paper is OK at room temp.

Despite dev taking about 2 mins as opposed to 45 secs at 35C, room temp developing is so much easier to handle and is cheaper!!

As a previous contributor to this thread I now use Supra Endura at room temp in a Nova Quad processor but the time will come when the Supra will run out and I'll have to use Fuji so I am going to do some research into threads where I think rather than know that Fuji is said to be OK at room temp.

So to the OP, don't assume just yet that Fuji paper can't be used at room temp.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Macodirect has the Ultra Endura too which is the only paper left that Kodak makes and recommends for optical printing. Expensive compared to expired rolls of Supra Endura (pre-VC Digital), Metallic (pre-VC Digital) and Supra III which cost the same or less than a pack of paper cut by Macodirect as Kodak doesn't cut them anymore; hence the white boxes.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    Macodirect has the Ultra Endura too which is the only paper left that Kodak makes and recommends for optical printing. Expensive compared to expired rolls of Supra Endura (pre-VC Digital), Metallic (pre-VC Digital) and Supra III which cost the same or less than a pack of paper cut by Macodirect as Kodak doesn't cut them anymore; hence the white boxes.
    Thats what i was talking about, haven't tried it yet but i spent all evening yesterday reading Apug discussions and found out that the Fuji paper is indeed contrasty at room temp development, when my chemicals arrive i'm going to print side by side both at room temp and at 35 and post here,
    if it doesen't work out i'm going to try the kodak Endura HD paper(is also supposed to be optimized for optical printing)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin