Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,293   Posts: 1,535,471   Online: 1019

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post

The machine\'s design criteria were for small volume but pro lab quality results. One shot use ensures the chems are always fresh. But in this case it works against the hobbyists.
    I wish i had a spare Jobo to give away

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kompressor View Post
    I wish i had a spare Jobo to give away
    I wish I had a spare Phototherm to give away too. In fact, I just got outbid on one and now I'm helping the winner get it set up.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If your phototherm is a Super Sidekick, you can configure any of the chemicals to be output to the "save" port, not just fix. I run C41 in mine, and save the bleach for re-use. The other stuff I use one-shot since it's fairly cheap (Esp. fixer) and not too hard to come by.

A full tank on the super sidekick uses 480ml I believe, and can do 4 rolls of 120 or 4 rolls of 35mm or probably at least 4 sheets (or more?) of 4x5 film. They make a holder for 4x5 though I am not sure if you can cram 8 sheets into it or just 4.

While it's cool that Rollei or whomever is making a c-41 hobby kit, the price-per-roll is cheaper with Kodak chemistry or the 5L Tetenal liquid kit. I can get 44+ rolls of 120 out of 5L of chemistry, using the dev, fix, and stab. as one-shot and saving the bleach for regeneration later.

-Ed

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    I can get 44+ rolls of 120 out of 5L of chemistry, using the dev, fix, and stab. as one-shot and saving the bleach for regeneration later.

-Ed
    Thats not Much....I have pushed 40 rolls of 120 on one litre of Digibase

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    If your phototherm is a Super Sidekick, you can configure any of the chemicals to be output to the "save" port, not just fix....
    It's an old FP-1, not an SSK. I do have an SSK carcass that I picked up from a Photo Express when it closed down. They weren't using it for a few years, but I'm working to bring it back to life. I think everything on it works, actually. I just have to go through everything and get it put together properly.
    Michael Batchelor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One of the things I love about my Wing-Lynch Pro 6, you can configure any (or all) solutions to reclaim with some simple plumbing. I run both C41 and b&w through mine, recovering bleach and b&w fix. The tanks hold close to 5 liters as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Back to original question: what happens if I dilute and extend the time?

Does anyone know?
    Michael Batchelor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm willing to bet some nasty color crossovers. End our passive curiosity, put us out of our misery, shoot a roll of Macbeth charts and have a go at it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Just ordered the 20 roll kit for my shoots next week. I was a little frustrated that I can't get any C-41 locally except *maybe* Kodak (stock levels are questionable, and it looks like only big quantities are available), and B&H is now listing the Tetenal liquid as discontinued.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by epatsellis View Post
    I'm willing to bet some nasty color crossovers..
    My thoughts, too.

Quote Originally Posted by epatsellis View Post
    End our passive curiosity, put us out of our misery, shoot a roll of Macbeth charts and have a go at it.
    Looks like I'm going to be forced to just that. Give me a few weeks. I've got a few other things on my plate right now. And I don't have a MacBeth chart, but I've got color things I can shoot. If my hair is blue, then you'll know it's wrong. (If my DAUGHTER'S hair is blue, it might be right.
    Michael Batchelor

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin