Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,773   Posts: 1,516,593   Online: 1079

Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    40 rolls in 1L of chemistry scares me. Changing development times on the SSK-4 is a hassle, plus what I shoot is too valuable to me (and sometimes can't be reshot) to risk sketchy extended-time development to save a few dollars worth of chemistry. Thus I use C-41 chemistry as one-shot except for bleach.

What's the density like at that point, after 40 rolls? How are the control strips if you run any?

I had an option to get a nice wing-lynch (version 5 I think) from where I work, but I passed. I don't do nearly enough processing to warrant the size and complexity of it, chemistry would likely go bad on me before I could use it all. The SSK-4 is the perfect size for my needs. If I was doing a lot of volume I could see a WL being viable. It looked well built and pretty well engineered.

That sucks if the Tetenal liquid kit is discontinued from B&H. That was a fairly decent deal, overall and gave good results in my experience.

Dilution/extending time is almost certainly going to give color crossover and weird unprintable results. Extending the time is viable up to a point, but not diluting, from what I have read.

FWIW
    -Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Somebody tell me, us the 20 roll kit from Freestyle 1L of working solution? Meaning that the 10 roll kit mixes up to 500ml?

I read the instructions PDF but it isn't clear how much is in the kit.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post

That sucks if the Tetenal liquid kit is discontinued from B&H. That was a fairly decent deal, overall and gave good results in my experience.
    They have been known to just make stuff up before, but either way, Freestyle sells a similar (maybe the same) kit under the Arista label for $70.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    Somebody tell me, us the 20 roll kit from Freestyle 1L of working solution? Meaning that the 10 roll kit mixes up to 500ml?

I read the instructions PDF but it isn't clear how much is in the kit.
    That's what it looks like (see the Maco site). I bought two kits since I like to do batches of 4 rolls each on big jobs, and my tank needs 1.4L for that. They make 2.5L and 5L kits as well. Hopefully Freestyle gets those eventually.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Okay I have a general question about this, I just mixed up a 250ml batch of working solution... I reuse this right? For how long?? I'm processing 4x5 sheets and I just ran a batch of six sheet... still haven't scanned the sheets to check results but... I'm really new to this... Since there are only enough chemicals for 4 batches of 250ml working solutions, can I expect to process 20 sheets or so from each batch of working solution??

-a

Shooter
    35mm RF
    1 L is good for 20-24 rolls of 35mm, according to the specs, so 1/4 of that is 5-6 rolls. Find the equivalent surface area of 4x5 (saw it in a post here recently).

I developed 20 rolls with one midi kit this week, and the results were good all the way through, although the last 8 rolls were bleach-bypass. I kept it at 100 degrees F, and used Kodak's times and wash instructions rather than Rollei's. i also used Kodak's final rinse, since Rollei does not supply enough in the kit (what the hell is that all about?).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    So, what I am asking is saving the working solution I made tonight in my Jobo's bottles to be used over the next few days is fine? This kit should do roughly 80 sheets, I might shoot for 60, I did six tonight, so that leave me with quite a bit of capacity out of this 250ml. Are they temperature sensitive right now? I don't need to keep them tempered do I? I think that would be damn near impossible.

-a

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cbphoto View Post
    1 L is good for 20-24 rolls of 35mm, according to the specs, ..

i also used Kodak's final rinse, since Rollei does not supply enough in the kit (what the hell is that all about?).
    The rinse/stab have much higher capacity, according to the specs, 1L is enough for 60 35mm rolls, that would explain the difference in volume.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dbla View Post
    So, what I am asking is saving the working solution I made tonight in my Jobo's bottles to be used over the next few days is fine? This kit should do roughly 80 sheets, I might shoot for 60, I did six tonight, so that leave me with quite a bit of capacity out of this 250ml. Are they temperature sensitive right now? I don't need to keep them tempered do I? I think that would be damn near impossible.

-a
    No
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by steelneck View Post
    The rinse/stab have much higher capacity, according to the specs, 1L is enough for 60 35mm rolls, that would explain the difference in volume.
    But they only supply enough to make 500ml, so I can't cover all the rolls at once. I don't get it. Are they expecting me to do it twice?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin