Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,769   Posts: 1,516,494   Online: 780

Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by dbla View Post
    So, what I am asking is saving the working solution I made tonight in my Jobo's bottles to be used over the next few days is fine? This kit should do roughly 80 sheets, I might shoot for 60, I did six tonight, so that leave me with quite a bit of capacity out of this 250ml. Are they temperature sensitive right now? I don't need to keep them tempered do I? I think that would be damn near impossible.

-a
    Fine to reuse it until you reach the capacity. A few days should be fine, and no, you don't have to store them at the process temp.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just received my first kit via FedEx. While wrapped, I noticed that the instructions looked a little wet. Once opened up, I found that the Stabilizer had somehow leaked.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecnichols View Post
    I noticed that the instructions looked a little wet. .. I found that the Stabilizer had somehow leaked.
    That makes stabilized instructions..

Sorry, i could not resist.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by steelneck View Post
    That makes stabilized instructions..

Sorry, i could not resist.
    Too funny....I called Freestyle and it looks like they'll be sending me a new kit. Not sure if I'll have to return this since it is chemicals.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    In my last kit, the instructions were all stained black like the bleach had leaked everywhere.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Even a very few cases of bad leaking can be quite disastrous for the product, because it's a sign they can't seal the bottles well. This is catastrophic for the developer, because it needs the nitrogen protection from oxidation and as a gas it leaks even more easily than liquids. So, chances are that you may get a dead developer.

I've said this many times before, but I would buy decent products from the real manufacturers.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by hrst View Post
    Even a very few cases of bad leaking can be quite disastrous for the product, because it's a sign they can't seal the bottles well. This is catastrophic for the developer, because it needs the nitrogen protection from oxidation and as a gas it leaks even more easily than liquids. So, chances are that you may get a dead developer.
    Yes, the small Rollei digibase kit bottles could be better sealed, but i do not think the developer needs nitrogen protection since there are no bottle containing the active working developer. The ingredients are split up in 4 different parts. I suspect, meaning i am not sure, that they get around the oxidation problem in a way that can be compared to how you can get around the same problem by mixing phenidone in glycol and get extremely long shelf life as long as it is not mixed with water and the activator.

This is a conclusion i make from the poor bottle seals together with the statement of very long shelf life. Normally this would be a contradiction, but i do not think they would jeopardize their reputation, and thus i draw that conclusion. So far it seem to hold up, both my opened concentrates and the working solutions have not shown any deterioration after 4 months in less than ideal storage.

The problem with these developer kits, as i see it, is the lack of deeper information and user experiences. The latter part is understandable since it is a new product, but the former should Rollei be criticized for. This was the reason for me to start this discussion in the first place and i hope that user experiences over time will make up for the lack of deeper information.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by steelneck View Post
    Yes, the small Rollei digibase kit bottles could be better sealed, but i do not think the developer needs nitrogen protection since there are no bottle containing the active working developer. The ingredients are split up in 4 different parts. I suspect, meaning i am not sure, that they get around the oxidation problem in a way that can be compared to how you can get around the same problem by mixing phenidone in glycol and get extremely long shelf life as long as it is not mixed with water and the activator.

This is a conclusion i make from the poor bottle seals together with the statement of very long shelf life. Normally this would be a contradiction, but i do not think they would jeopardize their reputation, and thus i draw that conclusion. So far it seem to hold up, both my opened concentrates and the working solutions have not shown any deterioration after 4 months in less than ideal storage.

The problem with these developer kits, as i see it, is the lack of deeper information and user experiences. The latter part is understandable since it is a new product, but the former should Rollei be criticized for. This was the reason for me to start this discussion in the first place and i hope that user experiences over time will make up for the lack of deeper information.
    That's good to know...if I do end up keeping this kit, I hope it'll be useful.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by hrst View Post

I've said this many times before, but I would buy decent products from the real manufacturers.
    The good news, as has already been mentioned, is that Formulary is now selling 1L kits of repackaged Kodak chems for $28.95 - same as the Rollei. I hope the Rollei does not have ongoing packaging problems, though. It seems to be a good quality product otherwise. I printed a few of the frames from my first 20-roll run, and they look quite good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cbphoto View Post
    The good news, as has already been mentioned, is that Formulary is now selling 1L kits of repackaged Kodak chems for $28.95 - same as the Rollei. I hope the Rollei does not have ongoing packaging problems, though. It seems to be a good quality product otherwise. I printed a few of the frames from my first 20-roll run, and they look quite good.
    Is anyone using the Formulary Kits? I have not to much discussion on it here or maybe i missed it.

I like the idea that it is the Kodak chemicals that use to be sold in smaller consumer quantities.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin