Switch to English Language Passer en langue franaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,750   Posts: 1,515,798   Online: 981

Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 61011121314151617181920212226 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks Greg! this is really helpful!! after reading posts i was waiting for your feedback.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I should note that when choosing which kit to order, the Formulary kit comes packed to make 1 liter of each solution and adds nitrogen for longer storage, but shipping is high. The Digibase kit has lower shipping costs, but is easier to make smaller amounts than the ordered package vs. Kodak's, however, as shown by previous posts, the lids are not well sealed and can leak during transit. This did not affect the quality of this particular kit, but I may have gotten lucky. Further, the Digibase kit does not seem accurately measured when bottled, so it is best to measure out each chemical rather than try to dump the entire contents into your mix. The Formulary kit is accurate for a 1 liter mix and does not require remeasuring when mixing.

I did not test Digibase's claims on storage longevity or film capacity. I use a rotary drum and use it one shot, if you are going to reuse the chemicals, test under your conditions. I would recommend shooting two identical sheets or rolls with a gray card included, then developing one with fresh chemistry, and the second after several rolls have been processed, then comparing the results.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the comparison test with examples. Very insightful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    appreciate the effort Greg, thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting info, thanks Greg.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format

Devoping times for digibase C41 MIDI kit.

Does anyone have a source for development times of Fuji and Kodak films in Digibase C-41. Also, does anybody have any experience crossing slide film in Digibase C-41. I also need to push several rolls. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    3 minutes 15 seconds is standard development time for C41.
    no idea about cross processing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For push processing +1F add 30 seconds for the C41 developer.

For cross processing you can keep the standard times. Only some E6 films you have to expose a bit different.

Rollei C41 digibase works very well. I made the replacement for Amaloco K54 (mono-negacolor) which is not produced anymore. The orange mask in K54 was pretty strong so which is less in Digibase C41. It seems to be that the seperate components can be kept for some years. Component C is then the most critical part of the C41 developer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know if this helps anyone but I have times and temps for bog standard C41 process (this is from Fujitech dated 2008) in tank process.

Developer 3min 15 sec at 37.8C 0.5C
    Bleach 6min 30 sec at 37.8C 3C
    Wash 1min 5 sec at 35C 5C
    Fixer 6min 30 sec at 37.8C 5C
    Wash 3 min 15 sec at 35C 5C
    Stabilizer 1min 5 sec 25-40C

It doesn't give agitation times but from memory developer had a nitrogen burst about 3 times per min, bleach needed constant air, in fact to condition bleach shake it in a half full bottle before process.
    Wash rates are 2500ml per film-I guess that's a minimum. These are from Fuji tech bulletin C41 version E10 (09/08)

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Antony; 10-06-2010 at 07:41 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A complete data sheet (in English and German language) with times, dilutions and possible Paterson/Jobo tanks volumes in inverse and rotation is supplied with the Digibase C41 chemicals. Also syringes in different volumes are supplied together with each new C41 kit.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive     Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin