Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,972   Posts: 1,523,583   Online: 913

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    The Rollei C-41 chemistry is made by Fuj.
    Do you have a link?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    quick question for the OP though:

is this Rollei chemistry as archivally stable as the Kodak c-41 chems?
    I have not a clue, the lack of information from Rollei and user experiences of the stuff is my reason starting this thread. I want to know more, though i will order a small kit out of curiosity.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    There is not a lot of informations concerning this chemistry yet, because the product has just been released on the market.

For example, I just finished the translation of the user manual in french, last days. Will be available in France so soon.

For US, Freestyle will distribute for sure (I saw parcels marked freestyle with C41 digibase inside )

And this chemistry was elaborated in cooperation with fuji guys, from netherlands, yes.
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aurelien,

any news on possible pricing for the US market?

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I wonder why more maskless films haven't appeared. I certainly would have use for them (and not only because of that technology that starts with an 's' but for wholly analogue purposes as well). There could be mask-emulating filters for those who want to do ra4 from them (and of course it'd also be extremely easy to generate such a mask). Anyway, just surprised that Rollei are the only ones in this game.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    NEW: Important notice on the "EXCLUSIVE CHARACTERISTIC" of this kit: The packaging used by MACO permits transportation according to IATA rules, of the photochemistry via air freight, or as hand luggage. A "surface-mail" permission is not required, as it is unchanged for all competitive products. The transport restriction is for the maximum up to 5 litres of ROLLEI Digibase C-41 chemistry, per single box.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    I wonder why more maskless films haven't appeared. I certainly would have use for them (and not only because of that technology that starts with an 's' but for wholly analogue purposes as well). There could be mask-emulating filters for those who want to do ra4 from them (and of course it'd also be extremely easy to generate such a mask). Anyway, just surprised that Rollei are the only ones in this game.
    There is a reason for the mask. Not only for RA4 (Remember, scanners been here with us from before C41 was made)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelien View Post
    There is not a lot of informations concerning this chemistry yet, because the product has just been released on the market.

For example, I just finished the translation of the user manual in french, last days. Will be available in France so soon.

And this chemistry was elaborated in cooperation with fuji guys, from netherlands, yes.
    Thank you Aurelien. That explains why there are so few users writing about it, it is a new product. But at the same time making it even more strange that Rollei do not have any info what so ever at their site.

Have you used it and if you have, could you share your thoughts about it?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by steelneck View Post
    "Originally Posted by AgX:
    The Rollei C-41 chemistry is made by Fuj."

Do you have a link?
    It was a statement by Maco about refilling Fuji C-41 chemistries from larger batches.

Though, at the moment they are offering as well the Rollei C-41 chemistry as well the Fuji C-41 5-L kit.
    Last edited by AgX; 05-13-2010 at 03:26 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by steelneck View Post
    Thank you Aurelien. That explains why there are so few users writing about it, it is a new product. But at the same time making it even more strange that Rollei do not have any info what so ever at their site.

Have you used it and if you have, could you share your thoughts about it?
    I have used it for many many months. This is now the product i will use in the future for 99% of my colourwork. With a new colourchecker every year from X-rite and Kodak Portra 160 NC and Ektar films i can get all that i want, and more. I will still use E6 for some jobs where the colour-and texture-palette has to be different. I will make a Video soon of me shooting a modell, developing the film in Digibase and post-prod.

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin