Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,494   Posts: 1,543,014   Online: 766

Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 151920212223242526272829303135 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Now my working solution is over 7 months old, i did my first film in this soup May 28, two days ago i developed 1 Kodak Ektar and it came out alright. This was the 10th film in the same 1 liter kit i bought.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any thoughts would be appreciated
    You can re-use it or use it as single shot. When using it as single shot you have the max. consistency and you can go to the max. dilution and the minimum volume. In a Jobo 2523 rotation tank for 2x 135-36 or 2x 120 roll film or 1x 220 roll film this means 270 ml. Without any problems you can dilute as 250 ml but add 20 ml-50 ml (water) extra. So for the mini kit this means 4 films only for the one shot method. You can calculate which kit is most convenient then. The times stays exactly the same.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I've finally gotten up the nerve and ordered this kit. I've gotten pretty good with black and white and figured that I'd save money on C-41 with the kit. I ordered some collapsible bottles to keep the chemicals in to minimize oxidation. I'm a little nervous about developing color, but I was that way with black and white at first and I guess I'll get over it with color as well.

One question: If I develop color movie film (ECN-II) with this kit should it be one shot or can I reuse the chemicals?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    AFAIK, ECN-II film processed in C-41 is not archivally sound. Plus you need to deal with the Remjet coating. There are MP labs that will develop the film for you, with a matching print as well.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Finally got a couple of the 1L kits shipped from Freestyle, and unfortunately it looks as though this latest batch still suffers from the "premature leakage" problem. One of the two kits arrived just fine, but the other shows the Part C label almost completely black, with lots of droplets of some unknown chemical leaking inside the plastic wrapper. FS are sending a replacement, but I was really hoping this problem had been addressed, as I'd like to just order 5 or so of these kits at a time so that I'll be good for a year between orders.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, my kit got here from Freestyle today, along with 4 accordion bottles, a mixing graduated cylinder, and a stirrer. No leaks in any of the bottles so when I get enough film shot I'll start mixing up the chemicals.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That's good to hear McFortner. I spent some time this afternoon mixing up a batch from the defective kit, and dev'd a 220 roll in my Jobo. It came out looking perfect, and as best as I can tell, the leak came from the bleach bottle, which was practically overfilled when I took the cap off. All the other bottles looked sealed and intact, so I figured it was worth a shot to at least use these chems up for testing while I get used to the new kit.

I'm looking forward to doing a re-use test on a few rolls of film next. I've never done that for color (neg or slide) before (always done small one-shot batches), and would like to extend the life of the chems as much as possible.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi.

I've developed hundreds of 5x4 sheets with the Fuji kit and my CPE processor and I finally decided to give the Rolli Maxi kit a try because chemicals can be bought individually which should be more economical.

I've never had any issues with the Fuji chemicals except one cross contamination issue long ago, results are very consistent. I followed the Rolli instructions to the letter and the negs have come out so bad that the 12 sheets I developed are pretty much unusable. Most have streaks/markings and even some colour variances in those marks.

I'm trying to figure out where I have gone wrong. Processing was extremely quick because they seem to omit washes in the instructions. So on my next attempt I'll add them back in. I've also read here to let the negs sit in the stabilizer rather than have the processor agitating. I've attached an (unspotted!) scan of the markings very visible in the sky - anyone any suggestions?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 16-4-2011-D-4k_3.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EcZc View Post
    Hi.

I've developed hundreds of 5x4 sheets with the Fuji kit and my CPE processor and I finally decided to give the Rolli Maxi kit a try because chemicals can be bought individually which should be more economical.

I've never had any issues with the Fuji chemicals except one cross contamination issue long ago, results are very consistent. I followed the Rolli instructions to the letter and the negs have come out so bad that the 12 sheets I developed are pretty much unusable. Most have streaks/markings and even some colour variances in those marks.

I'm trying to figure out where I have gone wrong. Processing was extremely quick because they seem to omit washes in the instructions. So on my next attempt I'll add them back in. I've also read here to let the negs sit in the stabilizer rather than have the processor agitating. I've attached a scan of the markings very visible in the sky - anyone any suggestions?

Thanks
    I can't say for the yellow staining, but you are correct in adding washes and the stabilizer. Also, one more thing. Bleach and Fix for 6:30 each. This also helps on making sure there are no artifacts on the negs.

This kit is great IMHO in that of its longevity. I mixed my chemicals back in early September and used them today and got beautiful negs. I can't wait to see enlargements....good luck.

Also, to try and fix the problem on the neg you posted, go back and re-wash. That will help a little. I'm not sure about the staining, but any artifacts or "bubbles" from the stabilizer should disappear.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They STILL come with the erroneous instructions? This problem is as old as the kit itself and has been discussed to death. Rollei must be aware of it. It seems they have no intention to fix any of their problems, as the bottles are still leaking, too.

Add the wash between bleach and fix that is omitted in faulty instructions. Several water changes are needed in rotary processing. I simply use four washes 0:30 each.

Final wash before stab/FR must be sufficient, too. I use seven or more washes 0:30 each.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin