Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,452   Posts: 1,570,297   Online: 1100

Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 172122232425262728293031323337 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, diapositivo for the one answer so far to one part of my post. I'd appreciate other contributions as well to the stabiliser and reels question and the other questions. Thanks

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Question....I'm about to make a new batch of chems. I have a few storage containers for my used chems, but they currently have RA4 chems. Number one, can you mix RA4 and C41 chemicals? Number two, I remember reading somewhere that you can combine two of the chemicals (I think Developer and bleach) and make it safe to pour down the drain.

Can anyone help me with this information?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    So what was the consensus? Can we reuse the working solution? Once we're done with the run, can we remix it into the leftover working solution?? How many batches should I do and still consider it consistent? I do processing for a photographer here and one-shotting it basically gets me maybe 6-10 runs (on the BIG kit) before my chemicals are done... I'm doing 4x5 and 120 primarily... in a Jobo.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    dbla: you are absolutely meant to reuse/replenish it. Each film uses only a fraction of the capacity of each solution. Even worse if you discard after processing a 4x5, which is only 1/4 of a roll! The question is whether you're willing to push the chems twice as far as Rollei recommends.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Cool, I'm gonna guesstimate that 5 uses are about all I can expect to get out of it... I usually run 10 sheet batches... 210ml a batch.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Does anyone know where in the US to buy individual components? Freestyle only sells the kits.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey folks. this is one of the most valuable posts i've read online in a long time!! You all are pretty awesome.

Most importantly :
    Did anyone develop a technique for using the 250ml working solution in a 500ml tank? Not sure i totally understood what Rollei meant by saying you can use it twice.. with no agitation. do i let it sit for 1 min and then flip the tank upside-down for another min? seems weird. anyway, i'll do whatever.

More general help :
    After purchasing the 500ml kit i realize that the tank i have is an AP Compact that needs 590ml working solution for 120mm and 650ml for 2x rolls of 35mm.

Freestlyle is closed tomorrow. Do you think i can get away with doing two rolls of 35mm with 500ml solution in a 650ml tank? Till i can get more of the chemicals....

I already pre-washed 1 roll of 35mm and so now its still in the tank and in the fridge. Is that film ruined? (its just test shots.) it will sit overnight till i can get to samy's to get some containers.

thanks for any help
    doug

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    WELCOME TO APUG!!

How many ml does your tank need to process 1 roll of 35mm?

Couldn’t you mix up your full C-41, get 500ml of working solution, put your 1 roll of 35mm in the tank, on the bottom, then put a blank 35mm reel on top of that and develop? Dont do two since two need more than that amount of working solution that you have.

I wouldn’t recommend doing 120 also since it needs more than 500ml of working solution for your tank.

Also, I believe you have misunderstood the reply that Rollei-Film gave on 12-02-10, Rollei-Film was talking only about the stabilizer being able to be used twice without agitation. He/she said:
    "Another question has been the working solution of the stabilizer. The stabilizer can be used twice. (Without agitation!)"
    per http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1099793

Last, I dont believe pre-washed film can ruin whilst sitting in water so long as it is light tight, but I defer to others here...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thanks for the warm welcome! :-)

ok. got it. i will not attempt 2 rolls at once or a roll of 120 until i can get more chems from freestyle (monday).

oh regarding the stabilizer. i totally mistyped. sorry.
    So i was planning to make a 500ml working solution; since that is the limit of my kit. they give you enough to make 500 ml of developer, bleach, fix, but only enough to make 250ml of stabilizer. I am looking at the bottle now it says Cont: 25ml. Thats enough to make 250ml working solution of stabilizer. 1 35mm roll in my AP compact tank takes a 375ml working solution of stabilizer according to their instructions.

So now to what Rollei was saying, does that address the (lack of?) stabilizer? So do i just make the 250ml working solution and "use it twice"? what does that mean? (this is why i assumed maybe let it sit for 1 min and then invert the tank for another min or something...)

I hope that was more clear this time. It was really late when i wrote that and i think i was loosing my marbles!

doug

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    That is exactly why I bought the 1 liter solution so I would have 500 ml of stabilizer stock. I think in your instance, you might need even more since your 120 needs 590ml of stock and your 2 roll needs almost 700ml.

My tank only needs 500ml of stock to do 2 35mm and 1 roll of 120 so I was able to just use the medium Rollei Digibase kit.

So in your situation, you might want to buy something like this also and mix up 1 liter of stabilizer? I think I saw someone saying that in this thread as a solution. I dont believe in the US you can buy just the Rollei stabilizer but the Kodak should work?

http://www.calumetphoto.com/eng/prod...47_a_7cKP02858

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin