Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,700   Posts: 1,482,619   Online: 758

Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 192324252627282930313233343539 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    zsas, that is a good point regarding the volume used. I basically had carried over the volume from what I did when working with the Fuji Hunt C-41 chemicals, and wanting to keep volumes to a minimum I think that number is partly derived from the minimum that Jobo state is needed to cover 120 film when loaded in the tank on 3 reels.

Thanks for posting the photo of Part C too! That really helps... I've been wanting to buy a full-on color calibration chart for a while now, and I think this is going to be the reason I use to get one. With an upcoming family vacation, I'm planning on shooting quite a bit of negative & positive film, and don't want a repeat of this last run (which did surprise me given how consistent things had been before I started using the Rollei chemicals).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here is a sample image from the set. I also notice a rather strange vertical band along the right edge... I'm a bit puzzled as to what would have caused that, since in the rotary tank, the entire width & height of the film would have been immersed.

(scanned with Silverfast SE for Epson V750).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by guyjr View Post
    I'm a bit puzzled as to what would have caused that, since in the rotary tank, the entire width & height of the film would have been immersed.
    Looks like a light leak to me

Shooter
    127 Format
    Statement from Maco Hamburg/Germany:

Rollei Digibase C-41 Kits contain 3 color developer (Part A, Part B, Part C).
    Only Part C is sensetive to oxygen.
    The original color of Part C is yellow.

After partial use the remaining liquid needs to be protected from oxygen either by adding protective gas or by transferring the liquid to smaller bottles.
    When turning from yellow to red this particular developer part is no longer applicable.

These instructions are part of the product specification provided by MACO:

"The very high life period of the original concentrates is min. 3 years.
    (Retention samples, produced 5 years ago, are still working well)
    The only exception is color developer Part C.
    The life period of color developer Part C is 2 - 3 years, depending on the storage temperatures.
    Information:
    The coloring of the Part C concentrate has to be yellow.
    If the coloring changes into red, the concentrate does not work anymore.

In this case, you can buy single replacements for Part C:

#RDC05FC 100ml concentrate
    #RDC01FC 1000ml concentrate."

With kind regards,
    Sebastian Junghans

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thanks for confirmation of Part C. Do you have an American distributor of individual chemistry?

I have only seen the full Digibase kits available here in the US.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Sebastian... first thanks for the info, that is really helpful!

I ordered two of the 1000ml kits from Freestyle in the U.S. back in April 2011. When I went to open the second kit, the Part C dev was already a deep dark purple (not really red, but most definitely not yellow). That would suggest to me that the bottle was not airtight and that the Part C should be replaced with fresh chemistry. Since it has only been 4 months since I received the kit, it seems like there might be a problem with the way the kits are assembled if the developer Part C is not lasting for the 2 - 3 years that Maco indicate it should.

jbl
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    This is really helpful. I have the 1L kit that I bought a few weeks ago. I've been unable to get the negatives to look right and I did notice that my Part C developer is purple. I called Freestyle just now and they said there was an issue with the 1L kits and specifically the Part C developer in the 1L kit. For anyone else who has seen this, what do your negatives look like? Mine seem generally more pink than brown and on the thin side.

Jonathan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I can tell just by looking at the negative side by side with a roll I developed in January this year (with the Fuji kit) that there is a lot of color missing from the recent Rollei developed rolls. I'll try calling Freestyle as well. It's a bit unfortunate actually, because I called them right after I got the kits in April because of leakage from another bottle (the bleach was overfilled), and they promptly sent a replacement.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    My Dev Part C was dark purple upon opening. I got the 1L kit too from Freestyle. Any thoughts Sebastian re this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, this is a bummer. I just got the Midi kit - is this the 1L package?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin