Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,872   Posts: 1,520,103   Online: 798

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    This chemistry seems ideal for the (very) low level user: sold in small batch sizes and good shelf life of concentrates. Price is good on the Maco site too. I wonder if it'll be available from a UK supplier soon, Maco has a 50€ minimum purchase rule.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    I was a little low on film, and was also a little curious on the Superia 1600 film (never used such high iso-film). So i ordered a Kit of the Rollei chemistry and some films to get over the purchase rule. I will try to remember this discussion and come back with a report.

Shooter
    Large Format
    For my impression is the kit called Rollei digibase C 41 totally different compare to the Express Kits from
    the Fuji Hunt Belgium (not Holland). But sorry I don not know the quality of the professional bulk chemistry
    from Fuji. May be that the chemistry from Rollei is more equal to the professional line from Fuji.

The original Fuji/Jobo C 41 kit for 5 liters is absolutely different compare to the 5 liter pack called Digibase
    Maxi Kit for 5 liters. And the capacity is different, too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Correct, while the chemistry is C41 for professional use from Fuji Hunt (Belgium). The Rollei product is new and they ship in different quantities. But most important is the new "fool proof" instruction manual for this chemistry. Further you can re-order each different individual component and this C41 chemistry you can use on lower temperature. However when (RA-4) printing it's better to stick on the 38 degrees C standard to prevent color shift. The kit is complete with starter, C41 developer, blix and stabilizer. A small packing from professional Fuji chemistry.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    This chemistry seems ideal for the (very) low level user: sold in small batch sizes and good shelf life of concentrates. Price is good on the Maco site too. I wonder if it'll be available from a UK supplier soon, Maco has a 50€ minimum purchase rule.
    Have a chat to Ag-Photographic. They buy stuff direct off Maco, then resell in the UK. They either may have it or may be able to stock it
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    35mm
    I sent an email to Ag. Hopefully they can get hold of it.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes - we are going to stock this chemistry soon. At first I thought it clashed with the Tetenal offering, but I like the idea of the separate bleach fix as some people prefer this. And the wide range of sizes.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by aprillove20 View Post
    Well, the concentrates can also be bought separate.
    Yes, in different sizes too.

Shooter
    35mm
    Now i have developed my first film in it. It came out alright. I did actually plot a curve on a paper from the times in the manual to get times for 30 degrees celcius, 8min. This since i am used to that temp from Tetenal and the Rollei manual has times for 20, 25, 37,8 and 45. It was a Fuji P160C i tried with and i could use the same filtering as i have used before, so colors seem to be OK. In other aspects i could not see any difference from other rolls of the same film developed at labs or those i have done my self in Tetenal. So, judging from this first film this chemistry seem to do what it should, and in this case at 30 degrees/8min.

The concentrates was easy to mix, and i did not follow the manual that said to start with water at 49 degrees, i mixed it in water around 35 degrees, i did not even use a thermometer at the mixing stage. Part A, B, C and starter are all clear liquids, but when mixed the working solution becomes light amber. Unused the developer has almost the same color as the unused bleach, so mark your bottles with working solutions well.. All the bottles in the kit are not full, they are not even sealed with a plastic film under the cap as the Tetenal bottles. To me that says that these concentrates do not oxidize and thus i believe the long shelf life. The reason that all bottles not are full in the kit is probably that the working solutions have a bit different capacity, the Stab has three times the capacity per volume compared to the developer.

But, the manual did not contain any specifics about shelf life, other than "Extremely long shelf-life of the liquid concentrates". Not a word about the shelf life of working solutions, that info would be nice to have some words about since 300ml in enough for up to 6 films.

Shooter
    35mm
    steelneck - do you have to extend the development times for each time the dev is reused?
    Steve.

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin