Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,044   Online: 1047

Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 202425262728293031323334353640 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Yes the Midi is the 1 liter kit. When you get ready to mix your chems, please report back if Dev part C is purple or yellow. I dont suggest you open it before you are ready to mix your chems as Sebastian indicates it oxidizes fast.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I knew about the Part C volatility from a posting by Photo Engineer a while back, so it is to be expected with open concentrates. But sealed, the shelf life should be at least the 2 - 3 years indicated by Sebastian. Freestyle gave me a credit for the one remaining kit that I can no longer use, and I decided to apply it toward a Maxi kit since I will need it when I return from vacation next month. According to the rep I spoke with, the issue was only with the Midi kits, and they have sent their remaining stock back to the manufacturer.

jbl
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Does anyone have any idea how long the Part C is good for once it's opened? Sebastian's post above seems to say 2-3 years, but are you saying that's 2-3 years until opened?

-jbl

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jbl View Post
    Does anyone have any idea how long the Part C is good for once it's opened? Sebastian's post above seems to say 2-3 years, but are you saying that's 2-3 years until opened?

-jbl
    I don't know how long it is completely good for, but I mixed a partial batch last September then mixed new chems from the same concentrates this past May. I kept them in the fridge tightly closed. I'm getting good results from my current batch of chems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by guyjr View Post
    I knew about the Part C volatility from a posting by Photo Engineer a while back, so it is to be expected with open concentrates. But sealed, the shelf life should be at least the 2 - 3 years indicated by Sebastian. Freestyle gave me a credit for the one remaining kit that I can no longer use, and I decided to apply it toward a Maxi kit since I will need it when I return from vacation next month. According to the rep I spoke with, the issue was only with the Midi kits, and they have sent their remaining stock back to the manufacturer.
    That's great to hear....I was thinking of getting the Maxi kit next time I ordered.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hmm... maybe I'll try putting the Part C in the fridge this time around too. I can re-use the Midi bottles to subdivide the larger amount of concentrate which will hopefully keep out enough oxygen to prolong its life.

jbl
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    With the replacement kits, are people planning to keep using what they had on the bleach, fix and stabilizer side or just junk the whole kit? I guess the only thing that's really bad is the Part C, everything else should be okay, right?

-jbl

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can one use glass beads or marbles to displace air from unused Part C?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by guyjr View Post
    Hmm... maybe I'll try putting the Part C in the fridge this time around too. I can re-use the Midi bottles to subdivide the larger amount of concentrate which will hopefully keep out enough oxygen to prolong its life.
    Yeah, I'm keeping my bottles as well! Good call.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Called Freestyle, they took care of it, like they always do! Great customer service! Andy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin