Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,506   Posts: 1,543,498   Online: 1028

Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 222627282930313233343536373842 ... LastLast
    jbl
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'd probably call them at this point. They were aware of the issue when I talked to them over the phone.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Regarding the Digibase stabilizer, the manufacturer states:
    "Another question has been the working solution of the stabilizer. The stabilizer can be used twice. (Without agitation!)". This is from an email reply from Rolleifilm posted earlier in this thread.
    But the instructions say that 1L of stabilizer working solution has capacity of 60 films. How can I stabilize 60 rolls in 1L of solution that can be reused only once???

------------
    Also, dilution and capacity information on stabilizer bottle is very different from the instruction sheet. Which one is correct? What dilution & capacity are you using?
    Last edited by iranzi; 09-11-2011 at 03:31 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The stabilizer can be re-used.

Part C can be dark (more or less Purple) and even then it will work (the C41 developer) together with part A, part B and the starter.

Note: For the mini kit (0,5 ltr.) there is stabilizer for 250ml (total volume) so if you're using a 500ml or 600ml tank for roll film you have to rotate the tank carefully.

For practical use you can even use 270ml instead of 250ml for rotary (Jobo) development (so add 20ml extra water only) and use 2x2 films with the next times:
    Pre-wash: 2 minutes
    C41 developer: 3:15 minutes
    Water change
    Bleach: 4 minutes
    Water change
    Fix: 6 minutes
    Wash the film: 3-5 minutes
    Stabilizer: 1 minut

Dry the film(s).

The best way is a Jobo CPE/CPA or CPP processor with elevator. The stabilizer outside the processor due to foam which can contaminate the elevator system. In this way a C41 film development is really a piece of cake.
    My favorite store: http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by iranzi View Post
    Regarding the Digibase stabilizer, the manufacturer states:
    "Another question has been the working solution of the stabilizer. The stabilizer can be used twice. (Without agitation!)". This is from an email reply from Rolleifilm posted earlier in this thread.
    But the instructions say that 1L of stabilizer working solution has capacity of 60 films. How can I stabilize 60 rolls in 1L of solution that can be reused only once???

------------
    Also, dilution and capacity information on stabilizer bottle is very different from the instruction sheet. Which one is correct? What dilution & capacity are you using?
    There must be a mistake either in the post or the instructions. That is the one real weakness that I see with the Rollei kit - you get far less stabilizer compared with the rest of the chemicals... and even less when you go to the 2.5L kit.

I've taken to just mixing less stabilizer and hoping for the best, increasing agitation time at the end of the process. I know from using Ilford Wetting Agent in a B&W process that just a tiny amount of that stuff will foam / suds up like crazy. My experience with the Kodak & Tetenal stabilizers for C-41 & E-6 processes indicates that those chemicals don't suds up as much, but I still tend on the side of caution and underuse rather than overuse the stabilizer... especially since I'm doing everything one-shot with the Rollei kit, and don't particularly like re-using chemistry unless it's replenished somehow.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    fyi, I finally returned from my trip, and had a chance this past weekend to mix up 200ml of chemistry from the Rollei 2.5L kit I got from Freestyle as a replacement for the defective 1L kit, as well as 200ml from a fresh Fuji E-6 6 bath kit. I took some test photos outside with a roll of Ektar 100, and Fuji Velvia 100 (both 120 format). Processed each in its respective chemistry in the Jobo CPE+, and after scanning the Ektar roll, have confirmed that everything is now working flawlessly. Should be an exciting weekend coming up - 20 rolls of slide & neg to process from vacation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    About the stabilizer:
    Stabilizer indeed can be reused many, many, many times (just see the sheet). Of course, I didn't realize they didn't provide much of it -- just enough for 60 rolls with the suggested amount of reuse -- until I had poured an underused batch of it down the drain!

To make sure I could use a smaller volume of stabilizer in tanks with a higher capacity of liquid, I agitated it like one would a JOBO: laid it horizontally and rolled it around for the suggested time. As long as the tank is half full, it'll work, and you don't have to worry about it not getting to the whole surface area of the film.
    website | Flickr
    "Embrace the negative with absolution, your final positive reward." --IQ, "The Province," Frequency

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, slow agitation with the stabilizer. And not via the elevator because you will have contamination with foam.

But you can also make yourself in an easy way stabilizer:
    A regular wetting agent plus Formalin 0,5%-1% is enough.

best regards,

Роберт

Shooter
    35mm

Glad I read this thread before I did anything.

I am glad I read this thread. Otherwise I wouldn't have known any better and would have been very unhappy.

What a way to get somebody out of lurking and actually start posting.

For what its worth, hello everyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At least: Welcome to APUG!

Greetz,

Роберт / Robert

Shooter
    35mm
    Freestyle is sending a new "part C", and it should arrive today!! I can't wait to try it out.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin