Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,115   Online: 1146

Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 232728293031323334353637383943 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    So, what colour should the Developer C be? Yellow, Purple, Orange or Red? Mine was yellow and I didn't notice anything bad on my negs other than Portra 400 (new) and Ektar 100 coming out a bit pinkish (colour went back to orange after drying).

My working solution now changed colour to green-black after 3 films and the bleacher is full red. Are these normal? Haven't used another c-41 developer before, only done b&w's.

jbl
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Mine is yellow. Purple is bad. I don't know about the other colors :-).

-jbl

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you I have also confirmed it on Macodirect site, it was in small letters in the listing. I saw the previous comments and misunderstood that it should be close to red. But yellow is nicer!

Besides that, is anyone using a stop bath? I used the Kodak indicator stop bath I am using with b&w's and didn't notice any bad effect on the Portra 400. Haven't scanned it yet, but at least there were no defects on the mask. I know the bleach has the same effect, but I am trying not to contaminate the chemicals with each other, except for the stop bath, in order to prolong their life, so instead of doing a wash between developer and bleach I did stop bath and water bath (both at 38 degrees, then bleach at around 36).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, you can use a Stop bath after the C41 developer.
    I am using a water rinse after the C41 developer and after the Bleach but I am using the 250ml concentration +20ml extra water for the 270ml 2523 rotary Jobo development and re-use it only once. (2x2 135-36 or 2x2 120 roll films). Due to the fact I am printing on RA-4 I want to have a minimum of color shift in the same type CN films. In this way it's a good compromize in using the C41 chemicals.

Best regards,

Роберт
    My favorite store: http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow... 32 page thread...

I just ordered the 50 roll kit from Freestyle but was wondering how much working solution that would make (1 liter, 2 liter, etc). Does anyone know? It does not state that on the Freestyle site at http://www.freestylephoto.biz/66016-...ng-Kit-50-roll

The reason that information is important to me is because I develop one of three ways: a.) 16 oz/500ml steel tank for 1 roll of 120 b.) 32 oz/1 liter steel tank for 2 rolls of 120 or c.) 6 sheets of 4x5 in the HP Combi tank that uses 1 liter.

Based on the Freestyle website I take the information to mean that 50 rolls of 35mm/36 exp OR 120 medium formal rolls can be developed with the kit. There is no mention of 4x5 sheets in an HP Combi tank.

I scanned most of the pages but didn't seem to find clear answers on the following:

1.) Anyone figure out a reasonable calculation for how many sheets of 4x5 can be developed in the HP Combi tank using 1 liter of working solution before dumping?

2.) The PDF instruction sheet on the Freestyle site says 6 rolls of 35mm/36 exp or 120 films per 500ml or working solution. Based on this thread that seems very conservative. Anyone have advice based on experience for a realistic number of 120 films per 500ml?

Excellent thread, thanks.

Tim

jbl
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    I believe it's a 2.5 liter kit. I think they say 3-5 rolls per 250ml solution, but their math is for 5 rolls per 250ml, hence 2.5 liters does 50 rolls. If you look on the Maco Direct website (http://www.macodirect.de/digibase©-m...1°-p-2340.html), it seems to imply that the math is for 6 rolls at ISO 100, 5 at ISO 400.

I've only tried 4 rolls in a given 250ml, the first three were fine, the fourth was not, but I messed up on that, it wasn't the chemicals. They were about 2 months old, though, but I'm certain it was my fault.

-jbl

-jbl

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Anyone have tips on how I can tell when to discard my C-41 chemicals and make a fresh batch?

jbl
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    I've been looking for that too. I don't think there's a way to know. The last batch I had was just fine for 2 months in a half-filled glass bottle sitting in a cabinet.

-jbl

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Im getting ready to crank a bunch of 120 rolls and some 4x5 sheets in a HP Combi tank this week.

I don't know if my assumptions are right or not, but I am going to start with the assumptions that I can do at least 10 rolls of 120 with 500ml/16 oz.

I am making a rough guess that a sheet of 4x5 film is approximately equal to 4 frames of 6x6 120. In other words 2 4x5 sheets is equal to a roll of 120. Based on that assumption I am guessing I should be able to get 20 sheets per 500ml or 40 sheets per liter.

Based off of this thread I am guessing I may get a lot more, but I will use this logic as a starting place and then watch the results a lot closer.

Sending out my 4x5 sheets gets expensive really fast, so I am hopeful things go as planned!

Tim

jbl
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    It should be calibrated around 80 square inches of film, so 1 roll of 135-36 = 1 roll of 6x6 120 = 4 sheets of 4x5 = 1 sheet of 8x10.

500ml is rated for 6-10 rolls of 135-36. I guess I'd recommend doing the important stuff first and letting us know how the remaining work :-).

-jbl

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin