Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,350   Online: 801

Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 242829303132333435363738394044 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One 36 exposure roll of 135 = one 120 roll = one 8 x 10 sheet = four 4 x 5 sheets - all based on surface area.

Others will be better able to say whether you need to take into account factors other than surface area.

EDIT: just too slow, I guess
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just wanted to report back on a suggestion someone made earlier in this thread regarding the unmixed Part C developer. I too now store my Part C in the refrigerator, and it seems to be keeping very well. I'm using the original container it comes in, not displacing the air, and the lower temp seems to be keeping the degradation of that particular chemical at bay for at least a couple of months. The other chems (Part A / B, starter, bleach, fix, and stabilizer) all seem to keep just fine at room temp.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My first batch of digibase arrived in the mail yesterday; the box was beaten around and there was a small amount of liquid in the protective bag (also a graduate was smashed - how rough do you have to be to a package labelled "Fragile" to smash a plastic tube?)

I suspect the stabiliser leaked as the bottle (100ml bottle, 2.5L kit) is about 80-90% full. Can't be sure if anything else has leaked or if the stabiliser has contaminated any other chemicals. Am I boned?

Seriously Rollei, if you're going to cut corners, don't do it on the bottle caps. Saved half a cent on bottle lids and possibly ruined the entire $100 shipment.

I've contacted Maco asking their advice, but MY advice to anyone reading this thread to get started is don't ship digibase. Local pick-up from a nearby store or buy something else.

ps, DHL can go to hell (hey, that rhymes! Might make that a new chant or something)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I received my Digibase chemicals via Freestyle just a few days ago without any issues. I have the chemicals all mixed up and ready to go. I will post again after my experience.

Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love Xmas time...I'm getting a Maxi kit from the parentals.

Shooter
    35mm
    There is something strange happening here in the U.S. postal service or maybe in the packaging used when exporting to the U.S. although it seems unlikely that the way Rollei woud pack for the U.S. market would be any different. AgPhotographic in the U.K. sells this kit and sends out to customers. I have yet to hear of any problems. In my own case I picked up the kit from Ag itself but looking at the packaging it seemed to be perfectly OK.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The problem is the child-proof caps. They are a freely rotating cap that has to be pushed down to engage the actual spill proof cap. If there is no strong force between the two the child proof part spins but the sealing part doesn't.

The problem is that they're so cheaply made the same also applies when doing them up. If you don't squeeze the cap sides tightly the child proof bit rotates but the spill proof part doesn't so it doesn't properly seal the bottle. Hence finger tight bottle that would be fine normally is not as tightly sealed against leaks as you (or me, or the factory) think.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, if I have an extra bottle of the Part C developer, can it just be added to the bottle that was made with the original (purple) Part C?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Huh? Are you suggesting mixing non degraded part C with degraded part C? I believe when part C is deep purple it has degraded past use (oxidized). Are you thinking mixing non degraded part C with degraded part C will give you enough part C to mix a new batch of chems? Why mix good w bad? I don't follow?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It was already mixed. I was unaware of the purple problem until after I had mixed it. So I was sent a replacement Part C.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin