Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,097   Online: 987

Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2630313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    What about the midi and mini kits?
    Apparently, they are fine....I've been waiting since December for the Maxi kit on backorder. I called Freestyle today, and they told me they were just about to call me with this info. I had to choose two Midi kits instead. I was so excited about the Maxi. Would have saved a ton of money.

jbl
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Weird.... I had bought a midi kit back in August that had a problem with one of the chemicals. Apparently all of the midi kits at that time had the problem, so I had them send me a maxi kit instead. For a while, only the maxis were available.

-jbl

Shooter
    35mm
    So, I got today the package with my midi kit of 1 liter. When I opened the box I had two mini kits insted of one of 1 litter. Before I contact the online shop, I just want to ask, even with two mini kits of 500ml I can do a one litter working solution?
    The thing is: My tank takes 570ml for 5 films and the storege bottles are 600ml so I though (and was going to ask opinion here) or I do a full 1 litter solution and only use 600, discarding the remain 400 ml(wastefull) or I convert the formula of doing 1 litter and do only 600ml and the remain is going to be use some how (replenisher?).
    Now, let see if a do this right: if 1000ml of solution takes 100ml of developer, 600 will take 60ml of developer. But I only have two 25 ml bottles of the developers parts, so I can not do what I thought, right?
    Sorry if I miss explain or could not explain well.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Mix it all up and reuse it. Don't throw 400ml away.

Should be good for 20 rolls or more.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, but how much working solution I can make with two mini kits? The instrutions tells that to do a 250 ml solution, the various developer parts are of 25ml. And to do 1000ml the developer used is 100ml. The same amount that the midi kits "says" that have. But I only have 25 ml bottles (two of each type, ok) but if I join both, I only have 50ml of dev parts, so I can not do a 1000ml working solution, right?

Shooter
    35mm

chemistry colors

what colors are the respective chemicals in the kits you guys have received? also how do they change over time? i've never used color chemicals before, and the rather lackluster documentation rollei provides has left me quite puzzled at times
    i only processed one roll so far, i didn't get to see how it turned out as i am an idiot and opened the tank on accident before the film was fixed
    my bleach started out as a rather frightening hue of dark green, and is now the color of strong tea
    also my developer started out as a light tea color, but now it's black, like diluted ink? i found this very strange, does this mean it's exhausted? in my experience with b&w development, the developer changing colors means it's usually gone bad or is going bad
    the fixer is sort of a light yellow, and the stabilizer is tinged pink like pre-rinse with antihalation layer in it
    my kit was a bit leaky as well, it only seemed to be the stabilizer though. makes it annoying to deal with the bottles though, as you're not quite sure what residue might be left on them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've only used the Fuji, but the devs should generally be quite clear. Dark green or dark red is normal for bleaches. Fixer should be the usual straw/clear, stab will clear/pink. Once you use the dev, they will go a bit tea-coloured. They might go crazy-dark if you don't pre-rinse as you will get antihalation dyes in there.

If one of the dev concentrates (C?) is purple, it's oxidised and no good. Some of the Rollei kits had that problem with bad lids.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quick questions - what's the shelf-life of the kits unopened? And do they carry an expiry/use by date?
    Thanks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi

I just bought my first 500ml rollei kit.
    So can I develop more than 2 separate times.
    If I shoot film now and then, and develop with same working mix every time, does chemicals handle that?

Shooter
    35mm
    You can definitely reuse the chemicals. I just did 19 rolls out of a 1 liter batch over the period of 8 months. Not too shabby.

Stabilizer: I buy two 1 liter kits and use the 25ml stabilizer bottle from both kits to mix 1 full liter of stabilizer. The stabilizer is good for 60 rolls. The rest of the kit is only good for a max of 20 rolls. I mix up 1 liter of the rest of the chemical use it up, keep the stabilizer and use it with the second 1 liter kit. No problems. I also add Kodak PhotoFlo to the stabilizer to help with water spots.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin