Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,466   Online: 1086

Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2832333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darkroom_rookie View Post
    Used boiled water left to cool for everyhing
    Why do you boil the water? It does not make it distilled, if that is the reason.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the tips. Hopefully my stabilizer and fix are not ruined. I have only developed 5 of the 20 plus rolls.

I did find it a little odd that it didn't say to wash. I know on my e6 kit it clearly says when to wash

Shooter
    127 Format
    They ere not ruined. Keep going.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    While they were not ruined, they still need washing. If you haven't done a post-fix wash, you need to do that now to get the fixer out - give it a good 15-minute soak.

You may find this useful. Ignore the PHP deprecation warnings up top; my webhost has buggered stuff up lately.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Polyglot, thanks for that info. Great information.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have to ask.

Can anyone explain why this interesting thread has had more than half a million views?

More than the Joke Thread!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Why do you boil the water? It does not make it distilled, if that is the reason.
    It does not make it distilled. But if you have a problem with dissolved oxygen it will drive out the O2.

But I suspect that's kind of an off beat problem.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks to this thread I discovered I had the oxidized (purple) Part C developer. I got the Midi kit in December and fortunately I checked here a couple of days ago to see if there were any tips on using the kit before using it for the first time. Freestyle is sending me the replacement. My previous experience with C41 was using the Unicolor 1-liter powder kit once (with nice results for 15 rolls).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    FYI, according to the latest (as of this writing, Spring 2012) Freestyle Photographic Supplies catalog and website, evidently Freestyle is no longer offering the largest Rollei Digibase C-41 kit, the one that processes up to 50 rolls. They only offer the small and medium kits now.

That's a bummer, because buying the largest kit gave me the best economy and lasted me pretty much an entire year. I don't shoot enough color consistently to warrant spending the big bucks on stocking up on bulk Kodak Flexicolor chemistry, as in the sticky forum thread above.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just a question on the mixing of the color dev. The pdf files says water at 49ºC and for a 250ml of solution, 172,5 of water plus 25ml of A,B and C parts and 2,5 (I think ml) of starter. The kit bottles gives the following infor for doing the same amount of solution: 155 ml of water at 38ºC and 25 ml of the three parts plus 20ml of starter.
    So wich one which one should one follow?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin