Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,016   Online: 671

Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2933343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    250ml of solution, 172,5 of water plus 25ml of A,B and C parts and 2,5 (I think ml) of starter
    For a 250ml working solution this is OK.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Does anyone replenish their Digibase developer?

I usually process 4 or 5 B&W rolls a month, tops, and I would really like to do color at home. In order to make that work, I'm really going to need to get as much longevity out of my chemistry as possible or it just won't be worth it (especially in terms of waste disposal). Would replenishment (Flexicolor replenisher?) be a good solution for long-term use of working-strength C-41 chemistry? What other components might be replenishable?

My #1 goal is to minimize the frequency with which I must dispose of waste chemistry, given a volume of 5-ish rolls per month.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi all
    Does anyone know why ag-photographic have stooped stocking this? I would like to get hold of some so if anyone knows where from in the UK preferably with the ability to buy the individual chemicals ie dev part a, part b etc.

David

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemidaelios View Post
    Does anyone replenish their Digibase developer?

I usually process 4 or 5 B&W rolls a month, tops, and I would really like to do color at home. In order to make that work, I'm really going to need to get as much longevity out of my chemistry as possible or it just won't be worth it (especially in terms of waste disposal). Would replenishment (Flexicolor replenisher?) be a good solution for long-term use of working-strength C-41 chemistry? What other components might be replenishable?

My #1 goal is to minimize the frequency with which I must dispose of waste chemistry, given a volume of 5-ish rolls per month.
    I get 18 months or more out of my C-41 chems. I keep them under the sink in ambient temperatures (60-90* f).

Keep the air squeezed out of your color developer. The bleach and fix last much, much longer than the color developer.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by David_A View Post
    Hi all
    Does anyone know why ag-photographic have stooped stocking this? David

I hadn't realised this but you are right. Possibly ominously he doesn't say out of stock with a projected delivery date. It is as if it is off the list. It might be worth asking the question of Matt at Ag. If he won't be stocking it again then this leaves only the Fuji Hunt kit out of the Ag stock as having a separate Bleach and Fix.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    If he won't be stocking it again then this leaves only the Fuji Hunt kit out of the Ag stock as having a separate Bleach and Fix.
    Or you could order it by an internet shop in Germany. I did so when I bought it, works well. No customs formalities or duties between Germany and the UK.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I ordered the 10 roll Mini kit from Freestyle. I've read this whole thread. There's a lot of information about the stabilizer, but a lot of it is conflicting.

Can someone confirm, hopefully conclusively, that the Mini kit makes only 250ml of stabilizer (and 500ml of the other solutions)? 250ml isn't enough to cover one 35mm reel in my Paterson tank.

Can someone translate the cryptic statement from Rollei (post 228) that the stabilizer can be used "twice without agitation"? With only 250ml of stabilizer, I'm necessarily going to have to resort to some ad hoc method to coat the film anyway. Is it enough to hold the tank diagonally and rotate it by hand?

Finally, I've read about drying problems with these kits. I've also read that I shouldn't add Photo-Flo to the stabilizer. I mix all my chemicals with distilled water. Also, I complete any tap water rinse with a cycle of distilled water. Am I likely to have any problems?

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, the mini Digibase kit only makes 250ml of stabilizer. Yes, you'll have to hold the tank horizontally and roll it. I set it in the floor and roll it with my foot.

No, do not add Photo-Flo to the stabilizer. The stabilizer should be the last liquid that touches the film. If you do a distilled water rinse, do it after the post-fixing wash, and do the stabilizer last.

And yes, the stabilizer will last for many, many rolls of film -- at least as long as the bleach and fix.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's what I thought. Thank you. Hopefully drying won't be an issue.

Shooter
    35mm
    You can use any stabilizer / final rinse sold for E-6 as a substitute for a C-41 stabilizer / final rinse.

So if you drop or spill etc. the stabilizer in your Digibase kit you can use any stabilizer for E-6 instead of chasing that specific final rinse. If you have some final rinse for E-6 in larger quantity or easier sourcing you can use that and avoid rolling the tank on the floor if this poses a problem.

As far as rinsing is concerned if your local tap water is of normal quality it should be fine for all washes. Distilled water is useful to dilute the stabilizer / final rinse because it helps you avoid water marks on the film after drying, but for all other stages (dilution or washing) does not give any advantage over normal quality tap water.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin