Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,493   Online: 909

Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 30343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Shooter
    127 Format
    I think you can buy stabilizer/final rinse by itself from the Photographer's Formulary.
    - Bill Lynch

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What a confusing kit. They give you:
    50ml Part A
    50ml Part B, but
    65ml Part C.

I caught myself before I poured it all, but I'm sure I poured more than the prescribed 50ml.

What's the risk?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My Fuji kit is nearly done so I'm looking at getting the 5L (100-roll) Rollei kit from Maco. Got some questions though:
    - does anyone here use it replenished?
    - does anyone have a scan of the manual they could post?
    - Part C life is quoted as 2-3 years. Is that total life or life after opening?

Reason for the latter question is that I have loads of leftover bleach+fix from my two Fuji kits so I was going to get an extra litre of each of the developer parts (~200 rolls worth) to use that up. I want to make sure that the part C doesn't die on the shelf before I even open the bottle. And buying it all at once saves me about $80 in shipping...

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    35mm
    As I understand things the manual as written has several bits missing. If you look at much earlier posts you will see what these are( I can't remember) and be able to complete the full process.

pentaxuser

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bits missing would not be something surprising with Maco. But as we had a recent discussion on an erroneous Tetenal manual, maybe we must not be over-demanding these days...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes, I found that 2-page flyer in the product listing. I was hoping for detailed instructions though that would tell me replenishment rates, not just capacity for a batch, and/or time-extension tables for use when running a batch to exhaustion instead of replenishing. Obviously I could use (replenishment rate = batch size / nominal capacity = 50mL/roll) but that invites over-replenishment because capacity with replenishment should be better than capacity by run-to-exhaustion. And I don't have the C41 control strips etc to determine whether I've gone wrong and am running too-thick soup.

The Rollei kit isn't Fuji chemistry, or at least it's not the same chemistry as in the Fuji Press kit though I could believe it's Fuji minilab soup. The Fuji kit has no separate starter (I presume it's mixed in with one of the dev components or omitted entirely) and provides a time-extension table with 5 steps over the life of a working-solution. And the Fuji concentrate ratios are unequal whereas the Rollei uses equal parts A/B/C. Of course, the Rollei parts could have been made by diluting the Fuji parts into larger quantities.

Missing wash steps in the instructions are well-complained-about here, so no problems with that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In the regular Rollei Digibase C41 kits the lifespan of part C is about one year in concentrate. The Rollei Digibase C41 manual is complete except that in case of re-use you have to wash with destilled water between the steps.
    When using a Jobo rotary processor with elevator the whole process is very easy to do with a small volume of C41 chemicals. Rollei Digibase C41 is a small Fuji Hunt mini-lab C41 version from Belgium and even when doing not so many films it is a good solution for DIY C41 film development.
    My favorite store: http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That one year - is that one year from manufacture or one year from opening?

Shooter
    35mm
    Rollei Digibase C-41 colour chemicals are also sold as single separate baths, so maybe - if one finds them - the better solution to long-term conservation problems is to buy only the baths which are needed instead of buying a new kit any time.

The only shop I know so far which sells these chemicals as single baths is General Photo http://www.generalphoto.biz in Germany.

The important news is that the single bath are sold by the factory. Maybe you can ask Rollei about sellers in that part of the planet.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin