Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,914   Posts: 1,521,751   Online: 1067

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3236373839404142434445 LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I assume that common warning about doing the final rinse/stabilizing is rather caused by the idea that after hanging films for drying one could forget to rinse the reels at all, than by any fact of hard to get-off residues of the last bath.
    But even then any residues should be rather harmless. Formaldehyde (if used at all) will have evaporated and wetting agent and biocide should be low in concentration or harmless as such. Though one can argue about that.

So yes, if you are afraid to scratch wet film whilst unloading, keep them in the reel for the last bath.

Shooter
    35mm
    (hello everybody, long time lurker here)

Developed my first three rolls with the Rollei kit and wanted to report an interesting finding. Stabilizer concentration, as reported on the bottle of the 5L kit is not the same as the PDF. In fact, it's half of that. If you use the PDF concentration you'll run out of stabilizer before time.

From my experience, the correct concentration is that of the bottle. On the first roll I had the stab with a 10% concentration (as per PDF instructions) and a few stains, then I diluted it to 5% (as the bottle requires) and most of the marks are gone from the two subsequent rolls. Hope this can help someone.

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome maxmars,

although your observation is interesting, generally speaking the final bath can be reused for many, many times, so that in fact one never ends it too early. I mean you can rinse 20 rolls in the same water without making a new bath. The important is that the film is well rinsed with water before putting it in the final rinse so that the latter doesn't become polluted with time.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    Welcome maxmars,

although your observation is interesting, generally speaking the final bath can be reused for many, many times, so that in fact one never ends it too early. I mean you can rinse 20 rolls in the same water without making a new bath. The important is that the film is well rinsed with water before putting it in the final rinse so that the latter doesn't become polluted with time.
    Absolutely. But the part I found interesting is not that -- rather that there is a difference between the recommended concentration on the stab bottle of the 5L kit and what's on the PDF that everyone uses, and that in the 5L kit case, following the PDF leads to an abnormal quantity of stains on the film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by maxmars View Post
    Absolutely. But the part I found interesting is not that -- rather that there is a difference between the recommended concentration on the stab bottle of the 5L kit and what's on the PDF that everyone uses, and that in the 5L kit case, following the PDF leads to an abnormal quantity of stains on the film.
    Well it did lead to problems in your case and maybe the PDF is wrong. However in a 42 page thread there have been a number of users, none of whom from my recollection reported this problem.

So before we conclude that your experience will be replicated in every case it would be interesting to hear if others had the problem you had at your concentration and then solved it by halving that concentration.

I have a digibase kit that I have yet to open. It is the midi kit so my interest is more than academic. I certainly don't want stains

Anyone else experience maxmars issue?

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Well it did lead to problems in your case and maybe the PDF is wrong. However in a 42 page thread there have been a number of users, none of whom from my recollection reported this problem.

So before we conclude that your experience will be replicated in every case it would be interesting to hear if others had the problem you had at your concentration and then solved it by halving that concentration.

I have a digibase kit that I have yet to open. It is the midi kit so my interest is more than academic. I certainly don't want stains

Anyone else experience maxmars issue?

pentaxuser
    I'm not suggesting my experience will be replicated in every case. I'm pointing out that there's a discrepancy between two official sources and in my case on has worked, another has not.

However, I have seen people mention in this very thread they added photo-flo to avoid water marks (e.g. http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1319995) and there have been other threads here on APUG where people complained about this kit stab (e.g. http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/7...negs-help.html) so I thought adding my finding could help.

So, sky's not falling and not having anything else to contribute to this issue, I'll be back to lurking. Thank you for your attention and sorry if I sounded alarmed.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did Freestyle discontinue these chemicals recently? I can't find them on their website. This would be bad. Does anyone know what's up?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    You could call them and ask.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    You could call them and ask.
    I have a message in to them already. Thought it might be old news though. I'll report back...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by bvy View Post
    Did Freestyle discontinue these chemicals recently? I can't find them on their website. This would be bad. Does anyone know what's up?
    According to Freestyle, Rollei is reformulating the kits and has not released the new versions yet.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin