Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,663   Online: 817

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3539404142434445
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I did sent my inquiry through their contact form. dunno why i haven't heard from them yet. will try to contact them again so i could order immediately.

yeah their prices seems to be competitive! i just hope that they will send stuff here in iran.

Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Macodirect are pretty good with replying to contacts on their web form. Takes a few days but they do reply.

Note that if you're outside the EU, you don't pay the 19% VAT which means they're actually quite competitive on price.
    FILM GUERILLA
    Film Photography All Day, Everyday!

FILM PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG
    FG Blog

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOOGLE+

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Film Guerilla View Post
    i just hope that they will send stuff here in iran.
    That might be a little more difficult - don't you guys have UN-imposed sanctions or something? I realise you're not trying to sell oil or buy nuclear materials but it's obviously a lot easier for a shop owner to just say "no" than bother to look up the details of the sanctions.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    i'm well familiar with this problem.. it's up to the seller if they want to sell their products to me. i don't have any problem with that. if maco doesn't like my money it's fine. i asked fotoimpex about this as well they're fine with it. i've already managed to get some stuff off germany just waiting it to arrive here (all chemistry from moesrch). there's a lot of hassles just to get photographic materials here. that's too bad. if i'm in manila it is much easier for me to get these stuff although i love it here. it such a beautiful place. worth the hassles if you ask me..

anyway, my money is not from iran so i don't think seller should look up on that. my bank is in the philippines all of my accounts from online are made while i'm there it is just that i'm living here right now.

That might be a little more difficult - don't you guys have UN-imposed sanctions or something? I realise you're not trying to sell oil or buy nuclear materials but it's obviously a lot easier for a shop owner to just say "no" than bother to look up the details of the sanctions.
    FILM GUERILLA

FILM PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG
    FG Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Film Guerilla View Post
    anyway, my money is not from iran so i don't think seller should look up on that. my bank is in the philippines all of my accounts from online are made while i'm there it is just that i'm living here right now.
    That's going to make it worse for most sellers because paying from one country for delivery to another is a classic sign of fraud, e.g. the use of stolen credentials. Maybe if macodirect doesn't like Iran and you've got friends in Manila they could accept your package and re-post it for you?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    fraud isn't that big of a problem but well yeah, there are sellers that can choose whether to deal with someone that credentials are questionable like me LOL.. i don't think its hard for me to confirm my identity though. i have all my ids here etc.

all online purchases (camera stuff / books / vinyl records) are shipped to manila. too cumbersome though i have to pay shipping too much and i have to wait for a few months before i get my hands on them. i will yet to try on shipping stuff from manila to iran. i'm just too tired of waiting stuff before i get my hands on it. i need to get films/emulsion and other stuff and ship it directly here if it's possible. if not i think someone could do it for me. i'm just worried on the chems i just ordered. it might not get it here safe. goodluck to me. i hope it arrives here soon!!! i have it addressed to my wife and their hospital. fingers crossed!

That's going to make it worse for most sellers because paying from one country for delivery to another is a classic sign of fraud, e.g. the use of stolen credentials. Maybe if macodirect doesn't like Iran and you've got friends in Manila they could accept your package and re-post it for you?
    FILM GUERILLA

FILM PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG
    FG Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello I have two questions to this. I am beginner at film developing, I have developed few colour and few BW films at home, but I have still lot of to learn

1. Why people dont use wash after Developer? I have prepared the chems, which should be usable for 3-5 films as per manual. But I am afraid that when I pour Bleach at remaining drops of Dev it will mix together and Bleach will not work. Or am I wrong? So far I always used wash after Dev. results were ok, but if that should be different please tell me I want to learn

2. I have Jobo CPE2 with 2 speeds.. 1 and 2. According to info I found speeds should be 25 and 65rpm. So which speeds should I use? Currently I am using 25rpm for Dev and 65 for bleach fix and stab.

Thank you

Shooter
    35mm
    For question 1, more expert people may answer, my humble knowledge is that bleach also acts as a stop bath (due to acid PH), so there is no trouble is a few drops of developer coming in contact with it. Bleach times as fixer times can be extended.
    For the 2º question, I also have a cpe-2, but thought that the speeds were 50 and 75rpm. I always use 75 rpm for all the developing cycle (c-41 and e-6)!

RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pdmk, the developer will not harm the bleach. A wash between developer and bleach is not recommended because some development will take place during the wash and likely result in excessive and uneven development in the emulsion layers. A 1-2% acetic acid stop bath can be used.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And originally the CPE2 speeds were fast for prints and slow for film. Jobo later recommended the fast speed for both and on the later CPE2+ they only included one speed which is somewhere in between.

I now use the fast speed for all my film except 4x5 in the 2509n which I have just found works better on the slow speed.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ok thank you for all answers

For the wash after dev, that is exactly what I thought, that dev will be still active, but I also thought when I pour water to those remaining few drops of dev it will be so weak it will not do any changed. But if you are saying that those remaining drops of dev dont have any affect on bleach then fine I will skip the wash step after dev.

And for Jobo I will use only the high speed.

Thank you again

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin