Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,926   Posts: 1,522,133   Online: 904

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    A little bump on this thread.. I have now, after a month and two processed films in the same 350ml working solution. seen a bit of white slush, or whatever it could be called, in the bottom of the little more than half full bottle containing the developer, stored in room temp. As i wrote earlier, i am pushing things a bit just to test. Some day next week i will try to process a roll of Reala in it for 8min at 30C. If this also comes out OK i am going to be close to say that this will be my choice of C41 developer in the future.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Im now 12 weeks and almost 40 120 films into my once 1 litre of chems. All done at 38 degree celsius. Guess ill soon have to mix up a new batch. Just to be sure the last five films are done at 3:45 in stead of 3:15 in dev. stage.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kompressor View Post
    Im now 12 weeks and almost 40 120 films into my once 1 litre of chems.
    40! That is about double the max-capacity for working solution they state in the manual. Are you talking about 1 litre concentrate?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by steelneck View Post
    If this also comes out OK i am going to be close to say that this will be my choice of C41 developer in the future.
    Have you tested, or are you going to test, or has SOMEONE tested the same with the official Kodak/Fuji chemistry?

My experience is that these processes are quite robust, at least for people who don't run precise densitometric measurements. It probably isn't any special property of Rollei, but the C-41 process in general. I might be wrong, but want it proved at least some way.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by steelneck View Post
    40! That is about double the max-capacity for working solution they state in the manual. Are you talking about 1 litre concentrate?
    1 litre working solution.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kompressor View Post
    1 litre working solution.
    Then i think i can expect a couple of more films from my 350ml, it will probably be killed by air in my half filled bottle before i exhaust it. I will keep on using my first batch for unimportant tests and outdated film, until it dies or start to show signs of it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use protectan gas in the bottles. And off course for testing i use not important films. For commercial development i use one litre only up to 20 rolls before i discharge it.

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For those interested, just got of the phone to Freestyle, they expect to receive the Rollei Digibase C-41 kits by June 30
    Sounds like the price will be very reasonable.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JLP View Post
    For those interested, just got of the phone to Freestyle, they expect to receive the Rollei Digibase C-41 kits by June 30
    Sounds like the price will be very reasonable.
    This is great news.

I'll have to go straight to the store and get some. Good excuse for a trip to Hollywood.

Shooter
    35mm
    Sounds like all those user comments that i could not find when starting this discussion will start to appear in a month or so..

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin