Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,909   Posts: 1,521,573   Online: 803

Page 1 of 45 123456711 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Rollei Digibase C-41

If some of you have any experience with the Rollei Digibase C-41 chemistry, please share your thoughts about it.

I have not been able to find much official info or users writing about it. From what i been able to read it seem to be optimized for hobbyist use, it looks like it can be mixed in very small batches down to a single film (250ml) while still maintaining the shelf life of the remaining opened concentrates. True?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by steelneck View Post
    If some of you have any experience with the Rollei Digibase C-41 chemistry, please share your thoughts about it.

I have not been able to find much official info or users writing about it. From what i been able to read it seem to be optimized for hobbyist use, it looks like it can be mixed in very small batches down to a single film (250ml) while still maintaining the shelf life of the remaining opened concentrates. True?
    Yes its all true. It is also the best C41 chemistry ever made. I have never before seen so flawles negatives as after i switched to Rollei Digibase C41 chemistry. I mix 1 litre at a time and use it in a Jobomachine. My E6 use have fallen drastic after i started to use digibase. Im adding a few pictures shot on Portra 160NC and developed in Digibase C41. I buy mine in Europe at macodirect.de
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails coverBMA5m.jpg   coverBMA6.jpg   spalt.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    is there any distributors in the USA, anyone know?

also, is it a bleach/fix(blix) or separate baths?

and how many rolls or 120 or sheets of 8x10(same square inches) per kit, singe shot chemistry?

thanks

-Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    @DanielStone: Yes it is bleach and fix, not blix. Here is a link to the manual at macodirect.de:
    http://www.macodirect.de/download/C4...tionManual.pdf

The developer is made of four concentrates, A B C and starter, bleach, fix and stab of one concentrate each, so it is 7 different concentrates. The different "sets" for 10-12, 20-24, 50-60 and 100-110 films comes with syringes and dosage tips to make batches down to 250ml. The concentrates can also be bought separate. The manual also have development times for temperatures from 45 (2min) down to roomtemp, 20 degrees centigrade (21min).

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kompressor View Post
    Yes its all true. It is also the best C41 chemistry ever made. I have never before seen so flawles negatives as after i switched to Rollei Digibase C41 chemistry. I mix 1 litre at a time and use it in a Jobomachine.
    At what temperature/time do you use it?

Somewhere i also read a rumor(?) that it is actually Fuji that is manufacturing this for Rollei, but that could be just a faulty rumor. I have not been able to find any info what so ever at the Rollei site.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hmm, wonder if I might be more pleased with digibase if I used this specialized chemistry. I was frankly rather underwhelmed by digibase film, processed normally via standard c41 at a lab...
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dan- Since Freestyle sells a fair share of Rollei films, they may be a good place to try to get this...They may be able to special order it.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ektagraphic,

I shall see about that. I'm going on a trip this summer for 7 weeks, and I'm planning on shooting some 8x10 and 4x5 color negs, so I'll be in need of some chemistry .

just need to do some testing before souping the good stuff .

cheers

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    quick question for the OP though:

is this Rollei chemistry as archivally stable as the Kodak c-41 chems? Even with mixing the chemistry with distilled water, and doing the 1st wash with normal tap water to help establish the normal "mineral content" that is built(designed) into the process from the start, I'd be mixing all the other chems with distilled water, along with the final(2nd) wash step.

just wondering if there's any writings anywhere(maybe from Rollei) on this subject?

thanks

-Dan

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Rollei C-41 chemistry is made by Fuj.

Page 1 of 45 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin