Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,697   Posts: 1,482,547   Online: 886

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Anyone still doing roller-transport E6 processing in the US?

Well, all the folks with roller transport E6 machines in the Chicago area seem to have gone under or gotten rid of that equipment. I guess as the volume comes down, just about any other process makes more sense. But it's really the only way I'm going to get a lab to process film from my 100-exposure back.

Just about any other lab I can find online anywhere in the US makes a big deal about touting that they use dip-n-dunk machines. Which I can understand from the standpoint of avoiding the hazards of dirty rollers, etc. But it's a little hard to do 14 feet of 35mm in dip-n-dunk!

Dwayne's says they can do it, no doubt because they also do E6 movie film (while most movie-film-only places won't take a roll that short!) But they won't mount them, I'll just get back the raw film. I could live with that, but I'm wondering what my other options are, if any. Maybe I'll have to pick up an actual Jobo processor to go with my long-roll tank and just do it myself...

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    E-6Labs in Atlanta, Georgia

http://e-sixlab.com/film.htm

Just got off the phone with them and this is what they told me...

35mm Long roll.... $1.50/foot (Min 10ft) +$3.00 to mount frames.
    M. David Farrell, Jr.

----------------------------------------------
    ~Buying a Nikon doesn not make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner!

~Everybody has a photographic memory, but not everybody has film!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Modernage in New York used to do it and may still do it. You could try Duggal as well, though they're particularly known for dip & dunk.

In both cases call or e-mail, don't rely on the website. Many labs will offer services like this that may not be advertised.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for the tips! I figured the websites that touted their dip-n-dunk process while slamming roller transport as not worthy of being spat upon weren't likely to actually be harboring a roller transport machine, but you're right, I'll not know unless I ask :-)

I can't believe, while looking for big E6 labs, I didn't stumble across a place called E-6 Labs! Silly me...

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just to follow up - I had E-Six Labs in Atlanta develop 6 of my 100-exposure cartridges filled with Fuji Astia. The turnaround was quick, the processing superb, their frame number printer actually goes to 3 digits, and their slide mounts are the smoothest I've ever seen going through my Coolscan slide feeder. I'm a thoroughly happy camper. (The only way I could possibly be happier is if they were in Chicago! Or if I lived in Atlanta...) Now if only I could find a source for more 100 foot rolls of Astia. Fuji claims to make it, they just don't say where they actually sell it (not in the US.) Going to try some Provia instead (thank you Ultrafineonline!)

Duncan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin