Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,742   Posts: 1,515,595   Online: 958

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by iandavid View Post
    You are much more likely to lose your film in the post
    This is very true. After a month-long trip by train, a large amount of my film ended up in my companion's backpack. She needed to catch a flight so she told me she would send the film to me. She sent it in June. I got my film in September, after the post office declared it lost. When it arrive there were dead bees inside the envelope. Lord knows where it went before it got to me.

I've never traveled by plane with sheet film but I've had no problems with slow roll films going throw the carry inspection x-ray machines.
    Last edited by rthomas; 05-26-2010 at 09:28 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: clarification

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Carry a changing bag in the event they want to open the film box so they can feel the contents even after x-ray.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin