Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,698   Online: 786

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kompressor View Post
    I have seen such spots in Minilabs running VERY hard chemistry from Kodak and Fuji. Hard chemistry beacuase the low trough put of film in their area.
    Can you elaborate a bit about "hard chemistry"?

Shooter
    35mm
    I also am using the Unicolor kit for C-41 and was disapointed the first time I rinsed in "stabilizer". I could see right away that the droplets on the film were going to cause spots so I experimented by adding photo flo. Just enough so the water sheets off. BTW I'm using distilled water for all solutions except wash. I'm still not completely happy with the results, and am thinking about getting some Kodak stabilizer off Ebay to try. I would use formaldehide but it is tough to get cause some loony kids are soaking cigarettes in it and poisioning themselves. !

Shooter
    35mm
    I developed couple of films since my last post and all I can say that "dishwasher liquid" works like a magic. I scanned the film before and after using the the dishwasher soap (just to make sure there is degradation of the image)and did not find any difference. Please let us know the result of kodak stabilizer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't expect a long life for your negs after that dishwasher liquid treatment. The final rinse / stabilizer should always be the last chemical to contact with film. There is no problems with decent final rinses / stabilizers (Kodak/Fuji).

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by hrst View Post
    Don't expect a long life for your negs after that dishwasher liquid treatment. The final rinse / stabilizer should always be the last chemical to contact with film. There is no problems with decent final rinses / stabilizers (Kodak/Fuji).
    You may be correct but without this step there are lots of spot in the negative - any idea how to get rid of this problem? None of the suggestions did work so far. I can try using kodak stabilizer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A proper final rinse / stabilizer should be as good as dishwasher, probably better. Try the Kodak stuff and dry in the same manner that got you the good results with dishwasher liquid.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You must use a final rinse or stabilizer with a bacteriostat as the final step in the C41 process to give the best stability. If you use plain Photo Flo you can have problems with fungal growth on the film.

Do not do any additional cleaning or washing or use photo flo after the final rinse or stabilzer. The results may look good today, but sometime in the future they may not. Both Kodak and Fuji sell the stabilzer or final rinse as do some other companies.

Dishwasher fluids can be harmful to color films.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    I've actually had success wiping off C-41 drying marks with an anti-static cloth.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will try with kodak stabilizer and will post the result.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin