Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,218   Online: 871

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Beuatiful, huge grain

can be achieved when exposing Provia 400 at 1600. Look!

Are there other ways to get such an effect, maybe also with less contrast?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Shoot Elite Chrome 400 in 35mm for massive grain, cross-process it with a bleach bypass for even more.

Normal E-6 processing by a lab? No idea. You only control exposure, did you get a push? I've seen 400X hold good detail @ 1600.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your pic doesn't look grainy to me. Have you printed it optically? I'll bet it would be even less grainy if you did that.

Films are so good these days that I have had trouble getting enough grain in certain applications. Provia 400X is an absolutely amazing film (as was 400F before it). Cross processed 35mm, rated at 100 (which should increase graininess) held up amazingly in some 12x18 prints that I did.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/6...-nowadays.html
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yes this is Provia 400x exposed at 1600 with a two stop push.

2F/2F, this is as large grain as I ever have seen on any of my colour photos. It is not printed optically, I don't have access to that.

I guess that cropping is the answer. That will indeed increase grain. It just feels like a waste not to use so much of the film...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin