Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,529   Posts: 1,543,965   Online: 1080
      
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    malcao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    48

    Kodachrome processing cost?

    Just got 5 rolls of Kodachrome back with a letter from Kodak "Processing costs are not included in the sales price of your films".

    I have been using Kochrome for more then 30 years and it have always been included in the film price so I checked the box "Notice: Film price includes Kodak processing".

    So why does Kodak want me to pay for processing cost?
    Last edited by malcao; 05-31-2010 at 03:55 AM. Click to view previous post history.

  2. #2
    rdp
    rdp is offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    2
    i believe it's just an error, don't pay these 16chf per film
    (same happened to me, with kodak's apology for that "processing cost" letter after my question to lausanne)

  3. #3
    Tony-S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    719
    Images
    14
    As far as I know, only one place still processes Kodachrome - Dwayne's in Parsons, Kansas, USA.

  4. #4
    rdp
    rdp is offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-S View Post
    As far as I know, only one place still processes Kodachrome - Dwayne's in Parsons, Kansas, USA.
    you are right, k-lab lausanne resends kodachromes to kansas ... however, i was really surprised - last processing took one week, it's unbelievely fast for rather complicated route CZ->CH->USA->CH-CZ, maybe they started their k-lab again ?

  5. #5
    benjiboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    U.K.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,820
    Quote Originally Posted by malcao View Post
    Just got 5 rolls of Kodachrome back with a letter from Kodak "Processing costs are not included in the sales price of your films".

    I have been using Kochrome for more then 30 years and it have always been included in the film price so I checked the box "Notice: Film price includes Kodak processing".

    So why does Kodak want me to pay for processing cost?
    If it was processed in the U.S the reason you are being charged is that they don't know that it's from Europe, and was sold process paid, because in America it is illegal to sell film process paid because of the Anti-Trust laws that consider that selling film with strings attached (processing) is Anti-competitive, which is why most independent labs in the U.S used to be able to process Kodachrome.
    Ben

  6. #6
    tiberiustibz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tufts University
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,750
    Images
    5
    Somebody said the credit system was ending. It's probably an error though.

    Dwayne's machine can process a lot of film. They normally do it same day or overnight, it's the shipping that kills you.
    --Nicholas Andre

  7. #7
    malcao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    48
    Even the envelope says "processed-payed film only". The film is sent to CH from EU and they want payment in CHF so I doubt that it's a US problem. Maybe Kodak tries to educates KR users that E6 process costs money
    I sent Kodak CH an email and asked for the reason, but no reply.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Horsham, PA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    751
    Does the film canister have red or black ends? If the ends are red, this means that it is process-paid, and you should not have to pay. If the ends are black, it was not prepaid.

  9. #9
    malcao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    48
    Old film it's red, new film it's black. But in the field Notes it's written "Film Price INCLUDES Kodak Processing".

  10. #10
    lxdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Redlands, So. Calif.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,646
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    If it was processed in the U.S the reason you are being charged is that they don't know that it's from Europe, and was sold process paid, because in America it is illegal to sell film process paid because of the Anti-Trust laws that consider that selling film with strings attached (processing) is Anti-competitive, which is why most independent labs in the U.S used to be able to process Kodachrome.
    Actually, that judgment was rescinded in 1994, along with another prohibiting Kodak from producing film to be sold under private labels, like they now do with Freestyle. The court decided that Kodak no longer had such dominance that such practices would be anti-competitive. Also, it was not illegal to sell film process paid, just for Kodak to do so. I used to get Agfa and I think also Fuji slide film with process paid mailers here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin