Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,191   Online: 1119

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Selective E-6 Reversal

I have long considered experimenting more with an E-6 trick and am wondering if anyone here has done this.....

Processing E-6 in its first developer then washing it and rather than placing it into E-6 reversal bath or exposing it to white light, instead expose it to only specific wavelengths of light such as only exposing it to light between 600-700nm or 400-500nm and seeing how the selective wavelength re-exposure tampers with the reversal outcome.

does anyone have heavy experience in this or examples?
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would guess that the result is comparable to using colored filters on the camera or projector lens, but who knows.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    This depends upon whether the sensitization lasts through the first developer. If it was like kodachrome, you would fog only the red layer if you exposed it with the correct wavelength of red light and thus would see only the formation of cyan dye. Green layer forms magenta and Blue layer forms yellow. If the sensitization dyes didn't last you would not see the fogging at all.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Normally the reexposure is done to completion. In this case I think that as in kodachrome you'd need to tightly control the reexposure.

I guess it would be easier with sheet film.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin