Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,432   Online: 797

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I am with you. It is my favorite medium-speed color negative film by leaps and bounds.

Do not let anyone sell you the idea that Kodak Ektar is a reasonable replacement for it. They are very different films.
    I totally agree. Extar is hideous for skin tones - even the new Velvia beats it in that department.

I hadn't thought of it until just now, but I may just go with Kodak 200 Gold. I hate the extra full stop of speed but I have seen similar results to Reala with it. Maybe it's just the way my lab processes it and I scan it.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fuji UK are stopping importing Reala into Britain too, they say they don't sell enough of it to justify it, which I find hard to believe.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ken472 View Post
    I too am missing my Reala(all time favorite film). I noticed on ebay it is available. I believe it would be shipped from Hong Kong (I think?). I have not bought any yet but I might soon. The last time I checked Adorama had some left but B&H were out.
    Thanks! I had checked B&H but not Adorama. 20 more rolls on order.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Fuji UK are stopping importing Reala into Britain too, they say they don't sell enough of it to justify it, which I find hard to believe.
    Are you sure? they still seem to have it here:
    http://www.fujilab.co.uk/catalog/col...-30_31_61.html
    If the site is to be trusted its their 4th best selling product....
    Of course the above could just be selling off old stock and this will be the last batch.
    Have you had confirmation of the situation from Fuji in Bedford?
    Mark

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Antony View Post
    The crazy thing is that 35mm Reala was the best selling product on that site. Then, after Fuji UK announced it was cutting 35mm Reala, they increased the price by 28% and it dropped from the best selling slot. Just to clarify, 120 Reala remains on sale in the UK (it's a big seller), 35mm has been cut and what we see now is just remaining stock.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So just the 135 is being deleted in the UK? That seems pretty crazy unless the 120 goes sometime soon too. I would imagine that Reala would be one of their top selling films, certainly a bigger seller than say– their chromes.
    Possibly this is a manufacture issue? Due to the processes of making a film with more layers (I hope I'm right in thinking Reala is a 4 layer film) now that the consumer films have dropped the 4 layer tech means that the remaining Reala emulsions are more expensive to make?

6x9

Shooter
    35mm
    In the UK Reala sells more then the slides?
    I have changed my password and changed my email to a random email. This is forum seppuku. Good bye!

Shooter
    35mm
    So just the 135 is being deleted in the UK? That seems pretty crazy unless the 120 goes sometime soon too. I would imagine that Reala would be one of their top selling films, certainly a bigger seller than say– their chromes.
    This is what made the decision seem so crazy to me too. I see 35mm Reala in high street shops, it's cheap and a really nice film.

Here's the UK situation, from another thread:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/...tml#post964602
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you sure? they still seem to have it here:
    http://www.fujilab.co.uk/catalog/col...-30_31_61.html
    Of course the above could just be selling off old stock and this will be the last batch.
    Have you had confirmation of the situation from Fuji in Bedford?
    Mark
    I just bought twenty rolls from Fujilab Mark, but I don't think they are the same company as Fuji UK, my information came from a a thread on this site that has already been running for thirty one pages titled " Interesting news about Fuji Pro." that needs merging with this one. http://www.bjp-online.com/british-jo...ills-pro-films
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes Fuji lab are different I think, but they must have some link as they only sell Fuji, I bought my Fujifilm diary from them and there is quite a bit of Fuji branding on their site.
    The BJP article is interesting, they seem to be spinning it to poor sales, but when you read the statement it says something quite different, that 160 ProS is going to be replaced by 160NS in a re-branding excercise.
    I wish Fuji wouldn't keep changing the names of their 160 films first it was NPS, then NSP, ProS, Pro NS all the same portrait neg line, I'm confused.
    Reala seems to be going in 135 only? because of poor sales? does that mean 120 reala is a bigger seller?
    Neopan 400 (which I love) is going away because of environment issues, I seem to remember Velvia 50 RVP doing a similar trick only to re-appear without the harmful stuff-possibly (hopefully) Neopan 400 will do likewise, I'd take 135 coating (seems not to have the harmful stuff) cut into 120 please mr Fuji.
    Mark

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin