Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,554   Posts: 1,646,427   Online: 822

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Antony View Post
    Yes Fuji lab are different I think, but they must have some link as they only sell Fuji, I bought my Fujifilm diary from them and there is quite a bit of Fuji branding on their site.
    The BJP article is interesting, they seem to be spinning it to poor sales, but when you read the statement it says something quite different, that 160 ProS is going to be replaced by 160NS in a re-branding excercise.
    I wish Fuji wouldn't keep changing the names of their 160 films first it was NPS, then NSP, ProS, Pro NS all the same portrait neg line, I'm confused.
    Reala seems to be going in 135 only? because of poor sales? does that mean 120 reala is a bigger seller?
    Neopan 400 (which I love) is going away because of environment issues, I seem to remember Velvia 50 RVP doing a similar trick only to re-appear without the harmful stuff-possibly (hopefully) Neopan 400 will do likewise, I'd take 135 coating (seems not to have the harmful stuff) cut into 120 please mr Fuji.
    Mark
    I'm afraid mark it's only going to re-branded as as Pro.N.S. in 120 size, the 135 films it's my understanding will be discontinued.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 06-09-2010 at 01:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I heard something interesting today.

Reala in 120 is in stock at Freestyle. They just got a new shipment. They told me the problem with Reala is not that it is discontinued, but that the emulsion is not made as often as others, so when it sells out, there is none available until another batch is manufactured.

They also told me that the Fuji U.S.A. people are having a very hard time getting any reliable information about any products from Fuji Japan, so they, in turn, have no reliable information to give retailers or consumers.

Oh yeah. The price is now about $5.50 a roll, instead of $3.99.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Guys, i have just contacted Fuji and i have been ansered from Italian branch. They say Reala 120 is still in production. Reala 135 is no longer in production.....I have the bad feeiling that films will not last long. Am i too drastic ?

Shooter
    35mm
    This is the email I got from Fuji UK in March:

Yes, unfortunately Reala 35mm has now been discontinued. It will still be available in 120 but the 35mm will be discontinued.
    But I'd taken 'discontinued' to mean 'no longer imported' rather than no longer produced.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    This is the email I got from Fuji UK in March:

But I'd taken 'discontinued' to mean 'no longer imported' rather than no longer produced.
    Unfortunately you are not right. We should all choose another colour negative (there is none comparable to reala. I tried kodak ektar but it's not the same story). I'm really concerned about the future of films.
    Ciao

Shooter
    35mm
    In this post from Robert V on the other thread regarding Fuji film cuts, he says that Reala (135 & 120) is going to be available still in the Benelux and Germany. Perhaps it's being cut from the UK and Italy, but is still a viable product elsewhere:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/...tml#post979090
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    In this post from Robert V on the other thread regarding Fuji film cuts, he says that Reala (135 & 120) is going to be available still in the Benelux and Germany. Perhaps it's being cut from the UK and Italy, but is still a viable product elsewhere:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/...tml#post979090
    I asked the Fujfilm guy here in Italy "is the Reala 135 being discontinued only in Italy or worldwide ?" He replied "Worldwide". My concerns abou film production are very serious. One may reply that painting is not dead despite photography. I think it's not dead because painting tools (Canvas,brushes,colours,tripods...) can be manifactured by small companies or even single persons. The same does not applyto films. As far as i know only big companies have the possibility (know how, tools,factories) to produce them and big companies as soon as sales decrease stop manifacturing. Sadly for them it's only a matter of money. Does anyone know if exist any small company producing colour negative films ?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Does anyone know if kodak ektar (135) is going to be discontinued ?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by faustotesta View Post
    I asked the Fujfilm guy here in Italy "is the Reala 135 being discontinued only in Italy or worldwide ?" He replied "Worldwide".
    Well, that does sound grim
    Steve.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin